Chapter 8: Short Lived Bliss

The Next Morning

***

I woke to to strong arms wrapped around me. It took me a minute to recall what had happened. We had made love last night, and it was amazing. I looked to see if Travis was awake and much to my surprise he wasn't; he's usually an early riser. I let out a small and happy sigh. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. I could lay in his arms for forever.

I lay there for a while, but decide on cleaning up from dinner. I gently untangle myself from him which takes a lot of effort. I throw on my underwear and his plaid button down shirt from last night. I'm really sore when I walk to the kitchen. 

I clean up the dishes and load them into the dishwasher. Afterwards I decide to look in the fridge for something I can make breakfast out of. When I open the fridge anger washes over me. An entire shelf is stocked full of beer. He promised. He promised he'd get help. How is he supposed to get any better with a fridge full of beer? And to think I gave my virginity to that man last night. Before I know what I'm doing I take out a trash bag and throw the beer bottles in angrily. When they are all in the bag I just stand by the counter motionless. Not knowing what to do. Then I hear Travis rousing. 

He walks into the kitchen but doesn't see the anger on my face. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my neck. 

"Last night was amazing," He says. He kisses my cheek, but when I don't respond he realizes something is wrong. He turns me around to face him. All I do is point at the trash bag. While he crosses the kitchen I run to his room and quickly round up my stuff. He storms in right as I have everything gathered up.

"What the hell melody?!?!?" He yells. I don't say anything and try to get past him to get to my truck. He won't let me past though.

"Please move," My voice is a whisper.

"So what just because we had sex you think you have the right to throw all of my alcohol away? That was hundreds of dollars worth of beer." I just stand there emotionless while he yells at me.

"I just want to go home." My voice is weak and wobbily.

"You just want to go home?!?!?" He booms.

"Anywhere that you're not." When I say that his eyes soften and he appears apologetic.

"Please don't leave Melody, I didn't mean it."

"I trusted you Travis, I gave you the most precious and sacred thing I had last night. You said you would stop drinking. I believed you. You probably just said you'd stop to get me in bed." He releases enough for me to brush past him. I almost make it to the door when his hand grabs me. I won't look him in the eyes though.

"You.. You think I said that just to get you in bed?" His voice is full of hurt.

"I don't know what to think Travis."

"I haven't had a drink since I was at the bar friday night. I swear, I just haven't figured out what to do with all of the alcohol, I promise."

"I wish I could believe you." He lets go of me when I say that and I hurry to my truck. When I close the door the tears start. I hear his shouting for me to stay but I ignore it and start driving home. I can't believe he did that. After all we've been through. I want to trust him again. I want to believe everything he said before I left. But I couldn't love someone with a drinking problem. I wouldn't put myself in that position again. Maybe if he knew about Russ, he might understand. I shake the thought out of my head and go inside my house. My parents texted me last night and said they wouldn't be home until Tuesday. Great.

I go upstairs and take a quick shower. Washing away the events of last night. When I look in the mirror I realize all the love bites and curse myself under my breath. I throw on my most comfortable jeans and sweatshirt and then I head downstairs to get something to eat. I hadn't even been home for 30 minutes, when I hear a knock on the door. I already know who it is, yet I still go to answer it. What the hell am I thinking? I immediately see Travis, and he immediately starts rambling things; but I'm not listening. Before I know what I'm doing I push past him and start running towards the pond. I hear him call after me, which just makes me run harder to put more distance between us. I think I hear him running after me but I am pretty sure I'm imagining things.

Finally I make it to the pond. Out of breath I collapse near the edge of the water onto my knees. It isn't long before I'm joined by someone. I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Damn girl, you run fast," I see a small grin on his face but he frowns when he sees me looking at him with no hint of emotion.

"You can't seem to take a hint when a girl wants to be left alone."

"Melody, I swear I haven't had anything to drink after I made that promise to you. I promise/ Why don't you believe me?"

" Because I've heard it a million times Russ." I quickly slap a hand over my mouth and mentally curse at myself.

"Who the hell is Russ?" I see jealousy raging through him.

"That's none of your concern."

"You said you've never had a boyfriend before."

......

Travis' POV:

"That's because I haven't,"She replied. 

Then who the hell is Russ? A friend? No, I've met all her male and female friends. Then it dawned on me. On the mantle above her fireplace was a family photo, there was a dark haired boy in the picture. I just assumed it was a cousin or an uncle. Then it dawned on me.

"Is this person Russ.... Is he your brother?"

***End of Chapter 8***

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry for the cliffhanger... I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I kind of like it when they fight. My fingers type angrily and it's fun to write arguments in my opinion. Anyways Happy Reading!

As Always.. Read, Follow, Comment, Vote :) Pretty please with a cherry on top?