---5--- Jason's POV

Cookie: Pic on the right is of Rachel!

Youtube song link is "All For Love" by Bryan Adams w/ Sting. I Luuuuuv the song and Bryan Adams :p

------

( 1 1/2 hours later...)

--Jason's POV--

Pregnant. She's pregnant.

      I glanced at Rachel's profile as I drove down the darkening Freeway in Pete's old blue Ford truck. We had just stepped out from the clinic fifteen minutes ago after the doctor told us the result of her pregnancy test.

    We had reached the clinic thirty minutes after leaving my small studio. Rachel had been like a jittery rabbit, glacing around nervously as if she expected someone to pop out and bust us. Thankfully the people working in the clinic hadn't asked too much questions but the basic name, phone number and address.

    Rachel had stood behind me the whole time as I handled everything until I handed her the paperwork that needed to be filled out. Fifteen minutes later the doctor called for her and I sent her off with an assuring smile. I can't say exactly how long she had been gone but damn it had felt like an eternity.

    You'd think that she was having the baby already with me pacing back and forth as I waited for her. When she finally appeared she had quickly rushed into my arms and clung onto me. We must have stayed that way, holding each other until the doctor came out with the results.

     Rachel is going to have my baby.

     We hadn't doubted that she was pregnant but knowing the fact straight from a professional doctors mouth seemed to be more of a bombshell. This is it, this is the truth. No going back. Rachel's pregnant and now we're on our way to tell her father.

     She sat silently on the passengers seat, staring out the window. Her slumped shoulders and forlorn profile squeezed at my chest. I wanted to comfort her but at the same time I knew she wanted silence for a while so I left her be until she finally felt like talking. She hadn't said a word since stepping out the clinic.

    "Do you think it's going to be a boy," Rachel said suddenly, "or a girl?"

     I glanced at her, noting that she still hadn't looked my way even though she had broken the suffocating silence. "It doesn't matter."

     "I want a little boy. I bet he'll look like you."

    I didn't comment on the fact that she sounded dead inside. Instead I replied, "Maybe, or maybe he'll look like you."

    Rachel shook her head and finally turned her head slightly to look at me. She smiled but the smile didn't reach her eyes. "I want him to look like you."

    I didn't argue. Rachel's in shock and didn't know it. My left hand tightened on the wheel. I glanced at her profile again and reached out my free hand and placed it on hers. Her small hand felt soft and cold beneath mine.

     "I change my mind. I think I'd want a little girl," I told her, sending her a smile.

     That got her attention, like I had intended for it to. She shifted her weight until was facing me. "A little girl?"

     "Yeah. A cute little girl with chubby cheeks."

     Rachel smiled. "Chubby cheeks?"