Process of Transforming Shyness

Process of Understanding and Transforming Shyness

It is wise to understand something before transforming it. Please note that what is presented may seem unusual and different than what you expected. Most likely you have already experimented with more common approaches which is why you are here looking for something else. The something else that works is to work directly on shyness while at the same time working where you are not stuck as a way of indirectly addressing shyness. Be patient with yourself and this section because working through the process is challenging and has great rewards, so keep going!

 Be patient with yourself and this section because working through the process is challenging and has great rewards, so keep going!

Please note that the following information put in Mind, Body, Spirit context may not resonate with you and that is fine. This chapter is about doing something different because to change, something different must be done. Find your own detour and at the same time, understand that what you have been trying is good, it is just not enough to create change.

To Understand Your Shyness

1. Determine where you are stuck

2. Work on an area where you are not stuck

3. Listen to the stuck area for ways to create safety

Working on an area where you are not stuck creates a new source of experience.

This new experience allows a new perspective and way of seeing yourself. The author of Restoring the Soul of the World, David Fideler writes:

"In order for us to grow as human beings, we mustn't become too frozen or controlled. Only by entering into unpredictable situations can life truly be lived."

Insight can be gained as you observe your own reactions to this new experience. Perspective and insight lead to transformation when combined with right action. Right action is possible when you feel safe.

Mind, Body and Spirit

One way to look at where you may be stuck is in terms of mind, body, and spirit. If you are uncomfortable with the word spirit, you can substitute true self, higher self, consciousness, unconsciousness, emotional self, personality or any words which mean to you the unknown mystery related to our motivations, interests, and life circumstances; separate than what can be explained from our thoughts and physical being.

The mind refers to the analytical and knowledgeable self.  Being stuck in the mind means that most of your attention is on acquiring and using knowledge.  The mind lives in the past and future.