Bibliography

Annotated Bibliography

Shy and Free™ was influenced by the following three books. Much like learning to bowl, you can read a book and learn the basics - then going to a bowling alley is required. To get even better, practice and help from others (coaching / lessons) will assist in your progress.

Pairing shows us the importance of being involved in activities that allow our real selves to be revealed. The encounter groups of the time demonstrated that there is almost always attraction between people once they see each other's true selves and explains ways to have impact on others that generate the sparks needed to start a relationship.

Bach, George Robert, and Ronald M. Deutsch. Pairing. Avon Books, 1973.

Psychosynthesis shows us that we are made up of many parts and therefore are more than our shyness.

Ferrucci, Piero. Psychosynthesis. Crown, 1979.

Way of the Peaceful Warrior is about mind, body, and spirit. Dan teaches the power of the breath to control fear and remain in the present moment. Dan is someone who practices what he writes about. The 2006 movie "Peaceful Warrior" is based on the book and stars Scott Mechlowicz, Nick Nolte and Amy Smart.

Millman, Dan. Way of the Peaceful Warrior: a Book That Changes Lives. H.J. Kramer, 1980.

While these books are older...they contain wisdom that transcends time.