Handshake? Yeah? No? ....okay

RECAP:

I burst through the bushes and saw a horrifying sight, one I wish I had never saw. A beautiful Midnight black wolf with brilliant, shining green eyes laid with it's limbs all twisted in different directions and a disgusting blood demon hovering above him, about to suck out the soul of the wolf. The demon took one look up, stared into my wolfs icy blue eyes with his completely black soul-less ones and took off into the forest without a look back. I looked after it, contemplating whether chasing after it and tearing its un-beating heart out with my human hands would be worth it, a whimper of pain took me out of these thoughts as I stared down at the wolf's blue eyes, those beautiful, gorgeous. pain-filled eyes looked straight into mine as a male voice entered my mind saying a word that sent shivers down my wolfs body.

"Mate." 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

          That moment everything froze, time didn't exist, nothing else in the world mattered, nothing else but the wolf in front of me. Our eyes were still locked as his limbs began to make sickening cracking noises as they mended together, forming a human body. (they shift with clothes back on, none of that twilight stuff) He was wearing a black t-shirt and some dark wash jeans with biker boots on, he stood at about 5"9 towering over my 5"3 build. His arms were well muscled but he overall had a slim build. I have no idea how long I was staring at his arms and his torso, before he cleared his throat and I finally looked up at his face. I couldn't breathe. The beauty of this man literally took my breath away. Pink lips, dark, almost black hair that was done messily, if done at all, but the thing that really took my breath away were his eyes. Gorgeous pools of baby blues were staring back into my wolf's brown eyes . He began to slowly approach me before reaching a hand out, touching my head and stroking my silver fur. Sparks danced everywhere he touched, it was like no feeling i had ever had before. If I were to die, right then and there, I would've died happy.  

"Shift." My knees grew weak hearing his voice, it took a couple seconds before what he said registered in my brain. I quickly obliged, my body shifting to that of a humans. As soon as I was on two feet I slowly approached him, feeling a little self concious about how messy I looked in comparison to this greek god-like man. (played by none other than Ian Somerhalder) 

"You have a beautiful wolf, and an even prettier face" My wolf howled in delight at this  

*MATE! HE THINKS WE'RE BEAUTIFUL SAGE!!!* 'Oh, really? hmm, yeah, it's not as if I just heard him say that judging by the fact he was speaking to both of us' *Right now is not a time to be a smartass sage, just stop being such a pup and talk to him* who are you calling a pup, mutt. *oh god, just shut up and talk to him*  

          I quickly shut her up after that. He was looking at me with a patient face, as if waiting for a response. It was then that I realized that he had asked me something while Yappy the Wolf over here was having our internal conversation. He continued looking at me and a smirk graced his face and humor twinkled in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry, what was the question?" i asked, wondering what was so funny 

"I asked you what your name is" he replied with a smile 

"....oh, I'm Sage," I held out my hand for him to shake. He stared at it in confusion until looking back up, meeting my eyes and he began laughing. I stood there completely dumbfounded, was my mate laughing at the fact I wanted to touch him? Did he find it funny that I was his mate? Was he expecting someone better? Did he think I had a stupid name? I mean sure, it's a plant and a adjective but I mean, i've met people with stupider names than that. Was I not good enough for him? Was he gonna reject me? These thoughts and insecurities ran through my mind as he continued to laugh. Hurt began to slowly cloud my face and tears filled my eyes as my hand still hung mid air before I slowly put it down. When he finally controlled his chuckles he noticed the look on my face and having heard my thoughts due to the fact I forgot to put my nind block up, his eyes grew wide and he quickly rushed to grab both my hands, holding them to his chest, all the while never taking his eyes off my face. 

"NO NO NO NO, no, it was anything like that sweetheart, please never think you're not enough for me, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever set my eyes on and I would never reject you. Ever."  

"...then why were you..."  

"I was laughing at how professional you sounded and how you wanted to greet your MATE with a HANDSHAKE." he interrupted me mid sentence. I sorta just stood there awkwardly, feeling stupid and looking at the forest floor and my cheeks burned. "oh" his finger tipped my chin up, forcing me to look at him and he smiled. "I'm Declan" he said before he enveloped me in a hug that sent sparks all over my body, every nerve ending recieving a shock from the close proximity of him. His scent filled my nostrils and I burried my head in his chest, inhaling his mouth watering scent and smiled when I felt him bury his head in the crook of my neck. He held me tight and we just stood in the middle of the forest, holding eachother as if our lives depended on it. Nothing mattered more to me than him, being his his arms and frozen, without any concept of time, no worries, no cares, other than this beautiful man holding me. MY beautiful man, MY Declan, MY mate. 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Authors note:  

HEY GUYS! HOW YA DOIN?! *awkwardly scratches back of neck* so, uh, its been a while...... well my explanation for that was because I had lost motivation but, I'm back! :D and to anyone that has still stuck with this story and edured my terrible updating skills then I would like to thank you and give you all your own purple penguins because you deserve it! I love you guys so much, you have no idea how much it means to me to see you guys comment and message me and support me by reading my book, I'm so grateful for that :') and that little push from @ThoseSalvatoreChicks was great ;) and if any of y'all are into the Vampire Diaries (my obsession) then you should definitely check out their book The Salvatore Witch because its awesome and I love it and they're very talented writers :) oh, and as a please forgive me for abandoning you gift, next chapter shall have DECLANS POV ;) my new goal is to update at least once a week. and dont forget to... 

COMMENT 

VOTE 

FAN!