Seriously Didn't See That One Coming.......

In human form I continued on with an excited smile adorning my face. According to the so-called map, I was done! I had ran through Lycan Forest and made it through Death Lake without breaking a sweat! Maybe all of those stories my mother had told me as a child were no longer true. What if the course had been changed over time to better suit the players and increase the survival rate? This hopeful assumption made sense to me, I mean, with the shifter and blood demon population having been officially on the "endangered list" of supernaturals wouldn't it mean that extra pre cautions had to be taken in order to reset the balance in the supernatural world?......right?  

You are wasting time and precious brain power stressing over that, the Fates know how little of that you have.... 

Oh! So now you choose to come out huh? You just had to invade my mind with your stupid one liners didn't you? Well why don't you just leave me ALONE! I DON'T NEED YOUR DAMN MONGREL TWO SENSE TO BE PUT IN TO EVERY THOUGHT THAT ESCAPES MY BRAIN!....All I got in return was a high pitched whimper and heard her paws scurry away to the dark resides of my mind. God, what the hell had come over me? I never fight with my wolf, EVER. I was sucked out of my train of thought as I stumbled over a huge rock that just so happened to think that the middle of the trail would be a cool place to hang out. I glared at the rock with such a ferocity that it exploded and combusted into tiny pieces of gravel. I continued on walking through the path awaiting my escape of all of this. To just reach Gauna, meet my gorgeous mate and walk off into the sunset. While completely enveloped in my thoughts, yet another little piece of nature thought it would be fun to bother me. A low hanging tree branch hit my head as I walked past, but no, as if that wasn't enough, the sharp edge of the branch leisurely ran across the length of my cheek. The branch as sharp as a knife, gave me a nice slice across my face. The blood began to seep down my cheek, running down my collarbone. Well that's just great! Maybe along the way I'll get to meet a sparkly new vampire friend! Note the sarcasm.

Just as this silly thought entered my mind, I heard a twig snap to my left, about 15 meters away. I inconspicuously took a sniff of the air and assessed my surroundings, looking for any escape routes or hiding spots. The smell that tainted the air was of blood, death, evil, and a hint of the best smell on Earth. A minty, foresty smell that immediately awakened my wolf. She let loose a deafening howl in my mind that reverberated around my skull, surprising me by her animalistic approach. At this moment I just tried to talk to her for as long as I could before she left me again. "HEY! I'M SO SO SORRY! I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME AND MY EMOTIONS WERE JUST OUT OF CONTROL AND THE TREE ATTACKED MY FACE..."

.....Sage....... she interrupted, but I went on with my rant,

"AND THE ROCK PISSED ME OFF AND I WAS THINKING ABOUT SPARKLY VAMPIRES...."

............Sage..........she repeated, but I still didn't miss a beat,

"AND I CAN SMELL A BLOOD DEMON....."

...........Saaaggggeeeeee..................... she dragged out, obviously annoyed, but still, I didn't stop,

"AND THERE IS A SMELL THAT I'M FALLING IN LOVE WITH AND THERE'S SOMEBODY IN THOSE BUSHES....."

.........SAGE!!!!......... she yelled, and STILL I remained blabbing on,

"AND I THINK ITS THE BLOOD DEMON AND I'M JUST REALLY REALLY SORRY!" I finished

SAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"WHAT?!"

MATE!!!!

"............huh????"

MATE! MATE! MATE! IN THE BUSHES! MAATTTTEEEEEE!!!!!!!

At that very moment a heart breaking howl of pain erupted in the forest making every phoenix bird fly away in a frenzy, sensing danger. The howl echoed throughout the forest and without thinking, I shifted into my wolf and ran straight towards where the howl came from. My wolf senses completely taking over and controlling my body, right now I was all animal and the only thing on my mind was the safety of my mate.

I burst through the bushes and saw a horrifying sight, one I wish I had never saw. A beautiful Midnight black wolf with brilliant, shining green eyes laid with it's limbs all twisted in different directions and a disgusting blood demon hovering above him, about to suck out the soul of the wolf. The demon took one look up, stared into my wolfs icy blue eyes with his completely black soul-less ones and took off into the forest without a look back. I looked after it, contemplating whether chasing after it and tearing its un-beating heart out with my human hands would be worth it, a whimper of pain took me out of these thoughts as I stared down at the wolf's blue eyes, those beautiful, gorgeous. pain-filled eyes looked straight into mine as a male voice entered my mind saying a word that sent shivers down my wolfs body.

"Mate."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

PICTURE ON RIGHT IS HER MATE! You'll get to know him a little better later (; (EDITED NOTE: NOW HIS WOLF HAS BLUE EYES AND HER WOLF HAS BROWN EYES)

There it is guys! After a very, very, very long wait! There is the newest chapter for The Game! Think this story is coming to an end? THINK AGAIN! I have got a lot more planned for this book, so there will be plenty of romance, drama and gore scenes to come! I just want to apologize for taking so long to update but with high school starting and a great English teacher, I AM BACK!! :D I am no longer going to have a required number of votes until my next upload because frankly, I realized how annoying that is (; Another thing to bring to attention, I am always up for messaging fans! I think it is such a great experience to talk to the people who actually take the time of their day to read my book (: So, until we meet again, remember to .....

VOTE!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!

FAN!!!!

AND REMEMBER, FISH ARE FRIENDS! NOT FOOD!