5 DAYS BEFORE THE INTRUSION

The past three days have been boring. Nothing has happened, and I am glad.

I am walking down the stairs, out of the shower when I her a loud bang.

"What are these?" Screams Garred from the kitchen. He found the tickets. They were stashed away in the container at the bottom of the sink. How could he have found them? Was he watching us when he put it there.

"Maggie! Get your skinny body out here!" He screams.

Then I realize he is holding a gun.

Maggie walks out and panics as she realizes he has a gun in his hand.

"You were planning on leaving me?" He screams.

He points the gun at Maggie's head.

"Tell me!" He screams.

I call Ben on the house phone.

"Hello?" He says into the phone.

"Help me," I whisper.

I hang up the call and look at Garred through the the small hole through the wall that opens up to the kitchen. I hear the click of the door unlock. Ben walks in.

I tell him to be quiet and he crouches down. Ben doesn't know anything about Garred but then he sees the gun and panics.

"The pan," I mouth.

He grabs a pan that is on the floor and walks over to Garred. He raises the pan and slams it with all his force into Garred's head. Garred falls to the floor unconscious.

Ben looks up to Maggie and I can tell in her eyes that she is thanking him.

Ben looks at me and leaves. He never spoke with me again.

I walk over to mom and grab his gun. I walk outside and throw it into the lake. No one is ever going to find it there.

Maggie looked at me with those taunting eyes.

We both knew that we both wanted to finish Garred.

Once and for all.