Chapter 4

"Hey Lu-" Michael stops himself.

Luke quickly pulls himself away from me.

"Oh my god." Michael tries to hide his laugh.

"I'll see you inside." he says to Luke and quickly get back in.

Luke blushes hard and his cheeks turn bright red.

"Sorry." He looks down innocently.

"Don't worry about it, I should go." I laugh embarassingly.

 ***

I put the my science textbook in my locker and drop the binder in my hand. That's just great!

As I was about to pick it up, someone kicks it while they pass. I roll my eyes and try to find it. 

I humilatingly crawl pass a few students to find it. Finally, I get up to see people around staring at me. I look down and continue to find my geography textbook in my locker. 

"Kristen, will you go to the dance with me?" Tommy asks a girl a few lockers down from mine, with a rose in his hand. Tommy was in my math class and he got picked on a lot for his weight and appearance. But he had a good heart. 

My stomach knots as the thoughts of the dance erupts in my mind. Gray was supposed to take me, but you know, since we're not together anymore, I won't be going.

I mean, I still want to go and be able to dance, but I can't. I didn't have anyone to dance with.

Being nosey and the curious person that I am, I looked from behind my locker door, peeking and listening on in their conversation. I know it was rude to eavesdrop but many people were around so they'd probably hear it as well.

"Oh, I'm flattered, but I uh...already have a date...yeah. sorry." Kristen girl replies and walks off, declining the rose.

Tommy looks down at the rose and frowns. He looks around and makes eye contact with me.

I quickly look away and pretend to look busy, concentrating on the books in my locker.

"Charlotte!" Tommy yells.

"Tommy." I smile lightly, turning to him.

"Would you like to go to the dance with me?" he looks up hopelessly at me.

I could see beads of sweat rolling down his face. Poor guy.

How could I say no to a nice guy who just got rejected? I'd hate to be him.

"...Sure. I'd love to." I reply with a smile.

"YES! FINALLY, SOMEONE SAID YES!" He said desperately and hugged me. 

I chuckle and pull back.

He hands me the rose and something tells me Kristen wasn't the first girl to reject him.

Well at least, I have a date. And plus, he's a great, smart guy.

***

As the bell rang, I quickly grab my work from my locker and head home. I had a paper due tomorrow and needed to get started as soon as possible.

I was always very organized and liked to finish my homework early. It was good to be prepared. I was also a perfectionist. Everything had to be perfect and the way I wanted. And yes, I kind of am a bit of a control freak.

I turn on my macbook and pour myself a glass of grapefruit juice. My mom left a note on the fridge saying she has an appointment after work and won't be home until very late.

I sign into FaceBook which I really shouldn't. Feeling guilty, I promised myself I'd only check my new messages. I get distracted very easily so probably even going on the site was a bad decision.

I reply to some of my friends, they needed something from me which was the reason for why they talked to me. I scroll through and see one from Luke.

A smile suddenly appears on my face and I click it happily like a big idiot.

Meet me outside your house right now! :D 

Without hesitation, I run to the front door and see Luke on the front porch with tulips, my favourite kind. You don't understand how much I adore the,.

My mouth drops and I quickly run out with only my polka dot socks on.

"Hi. How are you?" He asks.

"Great, thanks for asking. How are you?" I ask, hiding my anxiousness and excitement.

"Oh, I'm good. It's a great day today." He says looking up at the sky.

"Indeed." I nod.

"The sky looks incredibly blue today." He continues.

I nod, looking up.

"I like your fresh cut grass, it's really green." He went on.

"Oh tell me why you have tulips in your hands already!" I laugh.

"Oh right." He laughs.

"Yes?" I ask.

"So...my school's having a dance this friday and I was wondering if you'd...well...be my date?" he asks shyly, holding out the tulips for me to accept.