Chapter 2

The elevators open and I step out of it. I look left and spot a closet filled with towels. It was wide open and no one was around so I stepped inside and sobbed on the ground.

Sometimes I stop and think to myself, what am I really crying for? Was it worth crying over Gray? 

I shut the door and turn on the light, hoping the maids wouldn't come in to witness the reckless state I was in, with my mascara running down my cheeks.

I take off my uncomfortable flats and felt the carpet floor, soft against my feet. Gray didn't even try to come up to me and apologize. He just stood there, he wasn't fighting for us and instead gave me more reasons to not forgive him. The first time I caught him, he was begging me to forgive him but after that, he never came around. It made me realize, he wasn't even trying the whole time. 

I hear a knock on the door but I knew it couldn't be a maid, they would just open the door without knocking. They wouldn't suspect a person to hide in here and cry their eyes out.

"Yes?" I croaked. 

"It's me." A deep voice replied.

I opened the door to see Luke in front of me. He looked at me sympathetically. He just had to be the one of all people to see me this way.

"Care to explain why you ran out?" he asked.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"I asked you first." he said.

"It was nothing." I lied.

"Then why are you crying?" he asked worryingly.

"Okay, I just saw Gray, my boyfriend...ex-boyfriend, I mean, with another girl at the restaurant. It's nothing though..." I explained, trying my hardest to sound calm. 

"He tried apologizing the other day, but now I knew he didn't mean it at all." I let out a big sigh and continued.

He probably finds this pathetic of me to cry over so I was expecting him to start laughing at any moment now. But he didn't, he instead closed the distance between us and eloped me in a tight hug. It was so tight, but I hugged him even tighter. He was probably suffocating in it by now but he wasn't complaining. I cried in his arms for a while until he lowered me onto the ground. Now, we were both sitting cross-legged on the carpet.

Other than my loud sobs, there was dead silence between us. He held me and listened to the sound of me crying without letting a word slip from his mouth.

"How did you find me?" I choked on my words.

"I saw the elevator go to the second floor and your cries were very loud." he said lightly.

"Do you think anyone else heard me?" I asked shyly.

"No." he lied, trying to make me feel better.

As my sobs died down, he patted me on my back and I forced a smile.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked. 

I shook my head and leaned on his shoulder. 

This feels right but so odd at the same time. I just met him an hour ago and now, I was in his arms. In ways, I felt so close, but in other ways, I felt like we were distant and complete strangers. I pulled away from him and got up. 

"Thank you so much for staying with me, I feel a lot better now with your company..." I muttered. 

"You're very welcome." he smiled that half-smile of his. 

"Do you want to go back down there? Your mom's very concerned about you." he said.

I nodded at him and we left to the elevators with his warm hand on my back.