Chapter 8

**Carson's Pov**

(Few Hours Later)

"Zayn, what time is it?" I asked.

He looked down at his watch and his eyes widened.

"It's already five thirty. We've been sitting here for a few hours."

I am so dead. He's home already. Unless he went out with one of his friends to a bar.

I jumped up and looked out of Zayn's window, where I could see my room and the driveway. I saw his car and knew I was going to be in trouble.

"I'm sorry Zayn, I have to go."

I ran downstairs and out the front door, towards my house. I slipped in the front door quietly, hoping he was already passed out.

"Where have you been?" He screamed, throwing an empty beer bottle at me. It barely missed my head and I flinched.

"I was uh looking for something," I stuttered.

"You. Lying. Bitch." He growled and slapped me across the face. He pushed me to the ground and dragged me outside by my hair.

"You can sleep outside tonight," He said, slamming the door behind him. I heard the lock click and I shivered, wishing I had been wearing a jumper.

* * Zayn's Pov** 

I walked outside when I heard a door slam at Carson's house. I shivered and wished I had thought to grab a jumper. I approached her front door and as I was about to knock I heard someone crying behind the house.

I quietly walked around the house to her backyard and saw her sitting in a pink lawn chair, shivering and crying.

"Carson, you alright?" I asked, kind of confused.

"Oh... uh yeah," Her voice was shaky and she had stopped crying.

"Why are you outside?"

"My dad threw me out. I got home too late... I didn't have dinner ready for him, it's my fault," Her voice shook and she shivered violently.

" Come on babe, you're going to be sick. You're staying with me tonight."

She shook her head and looked over towards the back door.

" I won't let him hurt you, come on," I walked over and picked her up bridal style before walking home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This chapter is weeks behind and im sooooo sorry for that! I'm posting again tomorrow bc no school. Thanks for reading! vote and comment pretty please with Zayn on top ;)

Follow my twitter: @5secondsofshy

Instagram: shynaynay13