Chapter 3

**Carson's Pov**

I knocked on Zayn's front door and waited. His mum had called me to come over and help her with something important. I just hope Zayn isn't here. I really don't want to see him.

I was brought out of my thoughts when a red eyed Zayn opened the door.

"Carson... What're you doing here?"

"Uh, your mum called and-  are you okay?" I asked. His eyes were red and a bit puffy. He had definitely been crying.

He glanced down at his feet and didn't say anything.

"Are you at least going to let me in?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah," He stuttered, his face turning red as he moved aside so I could come in. I looked around the large house. Its been years since I've been here but it feels like just yesterday me and Zayn were playing in the tree house.

"Hey Carson," Zayn's mum yelled from the kitchen.

"Hey... you wanted help with something?" I asked, standing there awkwardly.

"Oh yeah. Follow me," She said as she turned and walked back into the kitchen.

"So what do you need?" I asked her, wanting to leave quickly.

"I know you noticed Zayn..."

"Yeah, what's wrong with him?" I asked.

"I was actually hoping you could talk to him. He won't tell me anything."

She's crazy if she expects me to talk to him. I don't even want to be in the same house as him. He lied to me. He broke his promise. He told me he loved me and left the next day.

"Carson, you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine," I smiled, "I guess I can talk to him."

"Really? Thank you so much Carson." She hugged me.

"No problem."

I walked back into the living room where Zayn was sitting. He had his head in his hands and he was shaking. I knew whatever had happened had seriously hurt him.

"Zayn, what happened?" I asked before sitting next to him and grabbing his hand.

He looked up at me, "Why would you care? I left you, I lied, I broke my promise, and I was being a total jerk. You needed me and I left you."  He pulled his hand away from mine and put his face in his hands.

"Zayn, I know. But I can't stand seeing you like this. I still care Zayn. I'll always care. The two years you've been gone I've never stopped caring. And I've never stopped loving you..." I said, my voice barely a whisper as I said the last few words, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

Zayn looked up at me and didn't say anything for what felt like forever.

"I still love you Carson," Zayn whispered quietly.

" Zayn, I can't believe you. Not yet. You lied to me, and you lost my trust two years ago," I said before standing and walking towards the door.

"Goodbye Zayn," I said before walking out the door, leaving Zayn alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Just so anyone reading this knows, I don't prewrite my stories. So far I've only written up to chapter 8. And when school starts updates will probably be every two weeks. I'm going to try to write most of the story before school starts, but idk if I'll finish it in time.

Anyways, VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN/FOLLOW!!

Twitter: shyanne1133

kik: shynaynay13

~Shynaynay (: xx