Chapter 3 - The Wake up

For some reason everything felt really bright. And loud. It sounded like some sort of fog horn was going off right next to my ear.

I opened my eyes with a squint...shit it’s bright. My head was already banging so I didn’t even want to try and sit up. I just waited for my eyes to focus a bit more and scanned around whilst still laying down. Well it looks like I didn’t make it back to Reading last night then. God who did I go home with? I slowly rolled my head over to where the fog horn sound was coming from. It was definitely from a snoring guy. Well a mop of blonde hair anyway.

I sighed to myself and had a quick look under the covers. Yup. We’re Definitely naked under there.

I put the covers back to where they were and looked up to the ceiling. I just sat there thinking for a few minutes, trying to piece together what little I could. My mouth feels like sand paper. Must have had tequila then. My feet are killing me. Must have danced a lot...pretty sure the guy next to me was involved with both. What was his name again...J...Ja...Shit Jay!

Whilst trying to think of the guys name next to me I suddenly realised that I was probably in no fit state to let my friends know where I was last night. They’re probably worried sick! Without really thinking I sat up, wincing at the sharp pain from my head. God it felt like a drill was having its own party in there. I looked around to see if I could find my phone or bag or anything. For a while all I saw was clothes everywhere but then, just by the window, my bag!

I turned over to make sure the J guy was still sleeping...yup. All safe there. But as I went to move I realised that my feet were totally tangled with his. Well that’s not good. I had to get my phone! Best solution? To try and lean as far as I could over to where the window was. Putting my hands on the floor for balance and doing a strange crawl to achieve my goal as well as not wake up the sleeping mop of blonde by keeping my feet still.

I stretched out my hand. So close. So close. Just a little further. The tips of my fingers were brushing the strap of the bag. If I just...and at that moment I felt a movement coming from the bed. I slowly turned my head around to see that the lifeless body has in fact rolled over a bit. His feet hadn’t moved from mine but I could now see his face. Wow it really did look familiar. Jaspar! That was his name?! Wait...no...for some reason he looks more like a Caspar.

At which point, realisation hit me like a ton of bricks. It was Caspar Lee. Someone I watched on Youtube. Out of shock my hand slipped and I fell flat onto the floor, knocking my feet from the bed in the process.

‘Caspar! Shit!’ I growled to myself. Face now completely smothered by carpet.

‘Trying to make a smooth escape?’ I looked over to see the one and only Caspar lee smirking down at me.

Well great. Just great.