chapter 20

Light pov

Damn it, I didn't think that she would know the rules of the death note. Now that Rem is on her side she has all the pieces together beat me. There is one thing left for me to do if I get sent to jail now the work I've done now has gone to waste.

'Unless... yes that will work hehe.'

(Y/n) pov

"How would you know these rules are fake (Y/n)." Mr.Yagami said as he looked at me.

"Mr.Yagami there is something you wouldn't be able to understand. The fact is (Y/n) has had the key to this case ever since she was born. All thanks to her birth father." Lawliet said to everyone.

"What do you mean?"

"My father.. well.. he's a shinigami."

"What that's not possible your not a big ugly monster like Rem. No offense." Mogi said.

"I am not offended by your comment in our world she would be considered an outsider for having human blood," Rem said as she moved to the notebook.

"You guys seen my human side if you wish I'll show you my shinigami form. Ryuuzaki is the only one that has seen this form of mine."

"Hmph of course you and Ryuuzaki always share secrets behind our backs." Light said.

"No just you Kira," I said to him now that I see it more clearly I know it's him. He has his death time missing.

"Now you see it huh (Y/n)," my father said as he began to chuckle.

"Not this again for the last time I'm not Kira. I've even proven it after all this time."

"Then let me see your watch," I said and he seem taken back but he did what he was told and took it off.

"I don't know what my watch has to do with this. It's pointless."

"Oh really so if open it up I won't find a piece of paper in here." Everyone seems to see his reaction to it.

"No not at all."

Soichiro Yagami pov

It seem so intense the atmosphere and the air was with this much tension. If (Y/n) thinks Light is Kira then we need to make sure to lock him up. The family would be broken and Kira would be over.

"Oh by the way you wouldn't know anything about this right Light." She pulled out a box that looked like it was hidden underground.

"I don't know what you're talking about?"

"I see, then do you want to explain why it has a letter addressed to Misa and has your handwriting? And another death note in here. Not only that it says to write down the name of L's real name in it. With all this, it proves to say you are Kira and are under arrest." She said as she handed it to Ryuuzaki.

"Then turn around and see who's behind."

"Eh hehe, you're at the end of the line Light." We saw another one of the shinigami but looked so different.

"Ryuk!"

"It's over Light you lose," Ryuuzaki said. Everyone was shocked that Light was Kira all this time.

"He hehe ah hahaha! So you got me so what I still win. Ryuk do it write their names." Light said and the shinigami wrote down something.

"Now it's over your all going to die here." Light said as the shinigami finished writing down in his notebook.

"Ryuk show me the names of the people who are going to die." When he said that he turn the book around and we all saw what he wrote down just one name.

Light Yagami

"Sorry Light that isn't how it works with us shinigami. Right father?" (Y/n) said.

"Sorry Light but I'm not going to wait until you get out of jail. So our time together is now over it was fun to see humans this close." The one name Ryuk said.

Light pov

No, I've lost. Why all I wanted was to be happy to live with someone who loves me and to be loved. All I ever wanted was to have my world perfect. That (Y/n) would love me and not Ryuuzaki to grow old with her and to have children and grandchildren.

"Light?" I looked up at her the one that I love for so long.

"I'm sorry (Y/n) for what I did to you." She looked sad. I walked to her and hugged her.

"I will always love you (Y/n). Not as a sister but as someone who had my heart." I whispered in her ear I knew she was crying. I'm glad that I told her my feelings even if she doesn't love me the same way like me.

"I love you to Light and I forgive you for everything you've done." She said I looked at the clock five seconds left.

"Dad tell mom I'm sorry but Kira was caught in the end." Just as the last second passed I saw the person I love one last time and kiss her cheek.

"I love you (Y/n) and I will always will," I said as I felt my heart stop.

L pov

"Light.." (Y/n) said as she held Light in her arms. She looks so broken but at the same time free from Kira.

"Ryuuzaki can you please not take Misa to prison? She's a good person who was being used. So please don't take Misa away." She said with some tears.

"Alright, I won't put her in prison," I said.

"Thank you Ryuuzaki," Misa said with a happy smile.

"Ryuuzaki can I have the notebook." (Y/n) said as she drag Light to the sofa. I did what she asked and gave her the notebook.

"I renounce the notebook back to you Rem please take it." She said as she handed the notebook to the shinigami.

"You do realize what this means right."

"Yep and I'm willing to give that up."

"Thank you (Y/n) for saving Misa for me," Rem said as she grabbed the notebook and left.

"Case solved let's all go home, everyone."