Chapter 8: And to know that you're alive.

It was already 3:30 PM,  for Sasha, the last few hours had been full of surprises and shocks, she was very late for lunch at the mess which was supposed to start at 3:00 PM. The first 3 days were given as a holiday for all the new students to reach the campus and get acquainted with each other. Vikram had already left for lunch, at least that's where she thought he went, maybe he did tell her before leaving, but she was too busy unpacking with her earphones on that she didn't even realize, when he maybe told her and left. That's when she got Nuts' surprise, all her sexy clothes hidden in between Sasha's clothes. She chuckled and murmured to herself "Thank you Nuts, now I surely do need them (note the sarcasm please)."
........................................................................
After asking 20 people the way to the mess, she managed to reach there.
She looked around but, couldn't find Vikram there. She then, felt very alone. Suddenly a hand on her shoulder jolted her out of her thoughts. It was a girl she couldn't recognize.
"Heyy, new here? So am I! What's your name? Mine is Riya. Which batch? Wait, why aren't you answering? Ohh! I am not letting you complete, sorry.... So... Go on"
Sasha smiled
"Umm....I am Sasha, chemical engineering."
"Ohh! what's your room number, mine's 12?"
"6"
Suddenly, the girl's eyes widened
"YOU are the lucky one who gets to sleep with a guy!" She screamed.
"What? Not sleep! Calm down and yes, unfortunately I am sharing a room with a guy and I am not gonna sleep with him,wait, how did you know?"
"When they were registering me, they asked me to sign in front of my room number, then, I saw you and Neha were the only ones with a guy as your room partners"
"Ohh! Who's Neha?" Suddenly Sasha couldn't control her inquisitive nature.
'Ooo that bitch! We were in the same school, bloody manizer!"
"What?"
"Just like womanizer....duhh."
"Ohh, okay, that... Is Intelligent"
"Hahaha yeah, so, she's living with this really hot guy! Arjun, I mean that's what I've heard. I am quite certain that she might have wooed him into her trap. But, you know, that guy! Gosh! He is sooooo hard to get. So, you can never really say, but, she tries really hard. Anyways, even you are living with this hot guy, Vikram, right?"
"Yeah and have you seen him? You are quite sure that he is hot"
"Nah! I heard a few girls mumbling about this hot guy whose name was Vikram"
Sasha smiled, then suddenly thought about where he was.
"Enough talking, let's have lunch, I am famished!"
"So am I, let's go"
Sasha came to like Riya instantly, she was somewhat like Nuts! Aww, how she missed her. That moment, she made a mental note of going back to her room and calling her, after all she needed to be updated about the recent surprises (more like shocks) in her life.
..........................................…....….……….…....
"Hello, Nuts?"
"Hi babes!!!!! Sup? Oh my god! I was just thinking about you? How's your college? Who's your roomie? Made new friends?"
The moment she hears roomie, she slightly blushed
"The campus is huge and amazingly beautiful, I'll send the pictures to you in 5 and he's, I did make a new friend, her name is Riya, she's a big chatterbox just like you! And... I am missing you too!"
"Thank God! I thought the first thing you'll do after reaching is forget me"
"Are you mad? That might not even happen after centuries!"
"Awww! That was sooo sweet! By the way, you didn't tell me who your roomie was"
"Don't die out of shock, but, even I was surprised. Reality came back and hit me hard in the face"
"Ohh God! Who is it? Tell me, tell me NOW!"
"Brace yourself: Vikram!"
And the line on the other side was completely silent, Sasha couldn't even hear Nuts breathe
"Nuts? Nuts? Nuts? NUTS!?!!?"
"Vikram Rathod?"
"Ohh thank God you're alive and yeah, that Vikram"
"W.H.A.T? How the hell did you end up sharing a room with him?!" Nuts screamed sounding somewhat amused.
And Sasha started her story from the landing of the flight to her coming back from the caféteria and dialling her number.
"Oh my God! That is some kind of luck dude"
"Yeah I kn-"
Sasha abruptly stopped when she heard the lock of her room open: Vikram!
"Babe, I'll call you back later! Bye"
And she zooped out of her bed to improve her appearance and then, he entered.
Her inquisitive nature took the better of her "Where were you?"
"Was someone worried?"
Sasha couldn't help herself when red tinted her cheeks, to hide her blush, she quickly turned and with all her attitude and channeled emotions "Once used to be, never again"
She didn't want to show that she was vulnerable but, he didn't reply.... There was an ominous silence in the room. She turned to see that he was gone, he left! She didn't even hear the creak of the door, but she knew that she struck a nerve in him.
............……………………………………………..
Sasha's POV
After her long chat with her mother, in which she told her about everything, considering the fact that Mrs. Bhalla knew Vikram because she had seen her daughter cry a bazillion times. Her mother told her to take care of herself and not to get emotionally traumatized but, if she couldn't bear it, she should come back to which Sasha said no and that she could handle it herself.
It was 8:00 PM and there was no sign of Vikram, she decided to go to the caféteria for dinner in hopes of finding him there. She reached there and instead of finding Vikram, she found Riya, she was thankful for that as she didn't want to be alone.
She met Riya and they both spoke for about 20 minutes till their dinner went on. After that they parted ways.
Sasha ran to her room to get her lunch box. She packed some dinner and went back to her room. She set aside the box on Vikram's bedside table for him, she somehow knew that he hadn't had food since morning and even now, she hadn't seen him in the café for dinner. It could've been a possibility that he had already eaten, but she didn't want to any chances. She locked the door and plopped herself on her bed and slept.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Vikram's POV
The way she said that she didn't care anymore somehow made his stomach churn and he felt his eyes fill up. To avoid further conversation with her, he tiptoed out of the room so that she doesn't get to know. The moment he came out, a stray tear fell off his eye. He took out his bike's keys and zipped out of the campus. He reached the local bar and dunked 3 beers one after the other. 'This girl is messing with my head, why am I getting affected like this?' He mumbled to himself.
He remembered how he loved it when she used to laugh at the poorest of the poor jokes made by her. He smiled at that thought. He remembered how she used to blush when he used to smile at her, how she used remove her golden brown stray tresses that came out of her perfect ponytail and fall on her eyes, by intertwining them between her fingers, how her eyes used to sparkle when he used to speak to her, how her breath used to hitch and her skin used to burn when their hands used to touch by chance, how her pupils used to dilate when she used to look at him!
"Ohh God! What is happening to me?"
He screamed before ordering 5 tequila shots (he was good at handling his liquor). He then remembered, how they split, it was because of his bitch of a (maybe/one day) girlfriend Shahana.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: So, what do you guys think Shahana did? And isn't it just adorable the way Vikram remembers every tiny detail about Sasha?(Awww)
Please comment.
:*
Cheeks<3