12

My dad took it pretty hard, but I knew he would. Seth said he was pretty messed up, and when he came over, Alice and I went out with Ness. Alice had had another vision, and she could see that Edward and Jasper had a few people with them. She didn't recognise anyone but there wasn't enough to cause a problem. It was two days until they arrived.

Ness was running around and we sat watching her. We were in our meadow, and watching Ness. We had countless pictures of her, thanks to Alice. Ness sat down, and Alice looked at me and picked up the camera. She took a photo of Ness and showed it to me. It was bright, and it didn't effect her skin at all. She thought the effect it had on ours was ......... Well, she loved it and found my ability funny. She knew about Alice's gift and didn't say anything when she had a vision.

Alice kissed me, and leaned against me.

We spent a little while there, and Alice told me that Charlie had left. So, we went back to the house. Everyone was there, and we sat in the living room. Ness sat on Esme's lap, and I asked about my dad.

"He's taking it pretty badly, but we've told him we're leaving. We've organised something. He asked about a funeral. Don't worry about it, if we don't do something, he will get suspicious."

I nodded, looking at Esme. She explained everything that was set up for the next day, apparently. I looked at Alice, wanting to know why she never told me.

"You had enough to worry about, without that. I didn't want you to worry about anything else."

I shook my head, and ran my hand through my hair. I could understand that, but I would've like to know something.

"I know."

The next day, everyone had to leave. Charlie thought Jasper and Edward were visiting relatives, so it wouldn't look odd if they didn't turn up.

So, I got to spend some time along with Ness. I sat down on the couch, and Ness looked at me.

"Mommy, where is everyone?"

"They're gone out, they'll be back soon."

She dropped something and I used my ability to make it float in front of her.

"How do you do that, mommy?"

She sat next to me, and I looked down at her.

"Everyone's different, Ness. Remember what I told you about momma's gift?"

She nodded, and smiled.

"What about momma?"

"Well, everyone's different. She can see what happens if you decide to do something and I can do this."

Ness thought about that, and I waited to see if she understood.

"But, she'd see if I changed my mind right?"

I noticed Alice walk in, and knew she'd heard everything. She stopped, not wanting Ness to know she was there. I turned back to Ness, and answered her.

"That's right."

Ness understood, and hugged.

"I love you and momma."

I kissed the top of her head, and looked Alice.

"We love you to, Ness."

She stood up, and saw Alice. She ran over to her and Alice knelt in front of her, hugging her.

Everyone else was back, and Ness spent some time with Uncle Emmett. We went out for a walk, and I grabbed Alice's hand.

"So, you heard that?"