6

"Alice, sit down."

Alice was fussing. Again.

She looked at me, and I grabbed her hand. I pulled her closer, and she sat next to me.

"I know, you said you're back was bothering you, though."

I shook my head. I had said that, but all I wanted was a cuddle.

"I know. But, all I wanted was a cuddle. I like being close to you."

Alice smiled and moved a little closer to me on the bed. We were in her room, laying on her bed.

"I can see that."

I blushed, and she kissed my cheek. It's been about two weeks since the whole fight with Edward. He seems to have disappeared. I didn't care where he went, as long as no one here was hurt.

I sighed, and cuddled into her side. Well, as best I could. Alice moved, and wrapped her arms around me.

"Better?"

I kissed her shoulder, and she took that as a yes. I was happier with her, than I ever was with him.

"Good."

I lifted my head, to ask her for my drink, and she handed it to me. I hated thinking that I was making her uncomfortable, but she told me that she was fine with it.

"Thanks, pixie."

She shook her head, and I put the drink next to me.

"It's fine, and no it doesn't make me uncomfortable. I'm fine with this Bella. I never thought I'd get this close to you."

I smiled, thinking about that.

"I can't help it, pixie. You should have said something, pixie. You always treated me better than he did. Even if you did drag me shopping, for hours on end."

"You never said no, Movie?"

I nodded, shaking my head. How could I say no to her?

"Sure. Say no to you? That's impossible. Especially when you look at me like ..................... That."

That damn pout turns me to mush and she knows it. She laughed and sat next to me.

"Oh, you enjoyed it. And I think you enjoyed when I stayed at night?"

"You lay next to me. Sometimes, I'd wake up, and he'd be in the chair watching me."

Alice shook her head, and we forgot about the movie.

"You seemed to like cuddling up to me in your sleep. If I moved, you frowned and started moving in your sleep. I didn't want to wake you, or upset you, so I stayed where I was."

I blushed, thinking about that.

"Stop that. I liked it. Eddie's an idiot."

"Yeah, he is. Can you see what he's planning?"

Alice shook her head, running her hand through her hair. I caught her hand, holding it in mine.

"No. He knows how to get around it."

I nodded, and she sighed.

"Don't worry, pixie."

"I know, but I-"

Her eyes glazed over. I kissed her shoulder, waiting. I'd started doing that, in the last two weeks. She said she didn't mind. She blinked, looking at me.

"It's Jasper, he's going to want to talk to me."

There was a knock on the door, and Jasper walked in.

"Can I speak to you, Alice?"

She nodded, smiled at me, and walked out.

What could he want. She left the door open, and I sighed, thinking about everything. She was so supportive about everything. 

About ten minutes later, I heard a door slam. Alice walked in, looking annoyed.

"What happened, pixie?"

When she heard me using her nickname, she relaxed a little bit. She sat on the bed, running her hand through her hair. I sat up, rubbing her back. Something bad must have happened.

"I saw that he wanted to talk to me. Something about Edward. But, when I walked out, I saw what he really wanted. He wants us to get back together. Something about caring about me. I told him that I care about you, and he wouldn't believe me. He said that I really cared about him, but................... Well, I got annoyed and he left. I told him that I care about you and everything between us was over."

He ............................ I knew something was different about the way he was acting.

"I thought he understood, Bella."

I kissed her shoulder, thinking about what I'd love to do to that idiot. She must have seen that.

"Oh, I know what I'd love to do to that idiot."

"I can see that."

"Well, he upset you, what do you expect? I knew something wasn't right, when you left the door open."

Alice looked at me, and shook her head.

"I thought something was different, but I thought he just wanted to talk. But, he left, and I can see he won't be back anytime soon."

"Good. I don't my pixie anymore upset than she already is."

"Your pixie?"

I blushed, and she turned to look at me.

"I think I need a cuddle."

I moved back and cuddled into Alice's side. She kissed me, and I ended up falling asleep next to her. It was pretty late, and I was tired.

I'd fallen asleep next to her before, but it was different now. I woke up the next day, and Alice was smiling at me.

"W...... What-"

"Nothing. And why would I mind, you falling asleep next to me?"

I sat up, looking at her.

"I.................. Why are you looking at me like that?"

Alice smiled, and started laughing.

"What were you dreaming about?"

I blushed. I had some ..................... Inappropriate dreams, about a certain pixie.

"N........ Nothing."

Alice just looked at me, and I knew she didn't believe me.

"Bella."

"I was talking in my sleep wasn't I?"

She nodded, and I buried my face in my hands.

"You said my name a few times, and there ....................... There may have been some moaning."

Great, just great.

Alice laughed, and pulled my hands away from my face. I couldn't look at her. She tilted my face up to look at her. She kissed me, leaning my forehead against mine.

"Bella, I never thought I'd be able to get this close to you. I love being close to you."

I got ready, and we spent the day with Rosalie.