4

I spent most of the night thinking. I was surprised one of them didn't check on me, but it gave me a chance to think about how I felt earlier when I was talking to Alice. I really cared about her, but did I feel that way about her? I didn't care about Edward, he didn't want to listen to me, and I wasn't going to waste my time.

I really enjoyed spending time with her. She always dragged me shopping, but I went with her just to make her happy. She never had to fight with herself to be near me. She would sit next to me, and take my hand, and it never bothered her. Edward, well, he was always so careful. I know he didn't want to hurt me, but Alice never acted like that. She would spend time with me, and I never felt awkward. I did with him sometimes. She would just smile and sit next to me. And that pout ............... I could never say no to her when she looked at me like that.

I realised that she could probably see what I was thinking about, and decided to talk to her about it eventually. I knew she was getting things settled with Jasper, and didn't want to say anything for a while.

I fell asleep, thinking about what I was going to do. Little did I know, the next day was going to be a complete disaster.

I woke up, when the door opened. Rosalie walked in, smiling at me.

"Hey, you feeling OK?"

I sat up, and stretched. We went downstairs after I got ready, and Esme got me something to eat. Apparently Alice and Jasper had already left. Edward had left, but he was acting ............ Different. Rosalie said something about him, about him talking about getting me back. Something about making things right. That didn't make sense, and I was worried about what he was going to do.

"But, he knows it's over. I'm not taking him back. I don't care, I'm not listening to his crap anymore."

"Language."

"Sorry, Esme."

Rosalie shook her head, looking at her mother. I knew she didn't like us swearing, but when you're angry over your twit of an ex ............. Well, you can't help it.

"I know you won't....... He kept watching Alice as well."

Wait .............. Did he see something in the way one of us acted? We didn't do anything unusual. Even holding hands wasn't exactly unusual with us. I hoped he wouldn't do anything about that.

"Watching Alice? What does that idiot think now?"

Rosalie shook her head, looking at me.

"He's an idiot, Bella. You are pretty close to her, that's obvious. You always have been. But, I don't know what he's planning."

Carlisle walked in and sat down.

"How are you feeling, Bella?"

"I'm feeling OK. Much better since you figured out what was going on."

He smiled and we spent a little while talking to him. Esme sat next to him, and he put his arm around her.

"Where's Emmett? I can't her him screaming at a game or his xbox."

Rosalie laughed, looking at me.

"He's out. He should be back soon."

Her phone beeped, and she grabbed it off the table. She read the message and looked ............. Well, shocked is an understatement, but I'm going to go with that.

"Rosalie? What's wrong?"

She ran her hand through her long blonde hair. She sighed, looking at the three of us, seeing we looked worried. We didn't know what was going on, but something had to be wrong with someone for her to react like that.