Chapter 2

~ Skyler's POV ~ (3 hours later)

I had my headphones on, and was listening to blink-182, when I felt something fall onto my right arm. I turned quickly to see a sleeping Hayes, his head on my shoulder. At first my thoughts were something along the lines of wtf, but they quickly changed to dámn he's cute. He mumbled something in his sleep and nuzzled his head into my sweatshirt's sleeve. I smiled to myself. I looked over across the aisle to see Jessica, intensely staring at her iPad screen, watching some kind of action movie. The flight attendant came, pushing snack cart up to our row. 

"Would you like anything to eat or drink, miss?" She said to Jessica in an oddly smooth voice, having to tap her shoulder to distract her from her movie. The noise woke up Hayes, who blinked a few times before sitting up right. He realized what he had been leaning on and blushed as I turned towards him.

"I-I'm sorry..." He muttered shyly.

"It's fine." I say shooting a grin at him, because it was more than fine with me.

He was about to say something when the lady turned towards us, "Anything to eat or drink?". 

"Um, coke please." I asked politely.

"Make that two." Hayes said sleepily. She handed us our drinks soon afterwards. I put my headphones back on, finishing my coke quickly.

Less than 5 minutes later, I felt Hayes' head lean against my shoulder, only to jump up within seconds, "Sorry! I'm just really tired..." He apologized quickly.

I giggled softly, "It's okay, feel free to use me as a pillow."

He smiled, his cheeks still pink, "You don't mind?"

"Not at all," and seconds later, he was leaning against me again. Kind of weird, since I had just met him a few hours ago, but he was so cute and sweet that I really didn't care...

~ 1 hour later ~

New iMessage: Jessica: Aye free plane wifi

I unlocked my phone to respond.

Me: lol nice :P

Jessica: btw what's hottie doin' sleeping on ur shoulder 

Me: sleeping

Jessica: .... lucky thouuuu

Me: hey u got a cutie next 2 u 

Jessica: if I was 6 yrs old maybe it'd work out

Me: lol gonna watch a movie ttyl

I looked over and laughed silently to myself after seeing some little boy trying to see Jessica's phone screen, and Jess holding it farther away from him every time he moved closer. I glanced over at Hayes,  who had to be the cutest thing ever... I lightly dragged my fingers through his messy hair, and he smirked in his sleep. I selected a movie on my phone, Catching Fire. Nothing new, but there weren't many options. 

~ 2 hours later ~

"We will begin landing soon, please remain seated and put all electronic devices away." The announcement blasted throughout the plane.

My movie was nearly over, anyway. I turned off my phone and stuck it in my purse. "Hey, Haaayes.." I said, while gently shaking his shoulder. "We're about to land."

"Mmkay," He groaned. He sat up straight, and clenched his hands together tightly as we began to head downwards.

"Are you okay?" I questioned nervously when Hayes began to shake slightly.

"I'm just.. I don't like landings." He sounded nervous.

"Hey, you're fine." I comforted him, but he didn't look much better. I took his hand into mine and held it tight. That made him smile a little. 

Soon we had landed, me and Hayes had exchanged numbers, and we all started to file off the plane.

We walked out to where some passenger's friends/family were waiting for them, including someone for Hayes. Someone I had hoped I would never see again. Nash Grier was standing in front of the escalators, Hayes greeted him with a hug, and I inwardly groaned.