Day 28: The Car

Day 28: Write a scene with a fast moving car.

"Uh, babe," my girlfriend began with an uneasy gulp.

"What?" I sighed, keeping my eyes glued to the road ahead and nothing else.

"I think that the losers in the car behind are following us," she said in the same tentative tone. She knew not to distract me while driving. I got pretty intense when I was driving my baby. I was focused and nothing else seemed to matter except the simplicity of driving. 

"What?" I reiterated yet again, sparing a glance in the mirror. There was a gross-looking car behind us with a dude and a chick in it, and they were both smiling widely. I didn't think that they were following us, though.

To test my theory and disprove my girlfriend's, I swerved into the lane over. The car behind us followed. Shit. I revved the engine, speeding the car up, and then drove back into the previous lane. Again, our buddies behind us did verbatim to what I did. And they weren't, like, twenty feet away, either. No, they were right on my tale and if they got any closer, then we would be in a freaking accident or whatever. 

Because I was a dude who happened to love his car and especially like going fast in it, I decided to go, like, fifteen or so miles over the speed limit, praying that a cop wouldn't bust me for it. The car was moving fast, but the one behind still managed to keep up. This was so freaking weird. I sped up again, and the car continued to mirror everything I did.

"Babe," I said, "I think you're right."

Then, I felt it. The car behind us lightly bumped into the back of my baby, and then we had an issue. I signaled to get off on the side of the road, and the car behind us complied, doing the same. I was freaking pissed. My car was my baby and nobody dinged it. It was a dick move by the driver and I was seriously going to have to restrain myself from not punching that a-hole in the freaking jaw.

"Babe," my girlfriend said calmly, "don't do anything stupid."

I opened my door slowly and then promised her a hasty, "I won't." She nodded, and then I exited my vehicle, approaching the couple who had both gotten out of their piece of shit car and were now standing on the side of the road, those idiotic grins still on their faces.

"Hiya!" the chick said in an overly enthusiastic manner--as if they hadn't just rammed into my car.

"Hello!" the dude then greeted.

"You just bumped my freakin' car!" I said, desperately trying to restrain my voice.

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that," the girl apologized with a remorseful smile. "We just had a question and weren't really sure how to get your attention otherwise!"

"Yeah, we wanted to ask you something!" the guy backed up with an energetic nod of his head.

"Then why the hell did you have to mess with my freakin' car!" I raged.

"Again, we're really sorry!" said the dude.

"But anyways," his counterpart began, "we were just wondering what type of car you had."

"What?" I said for what felt like the billionth time today.

"We bumped into your car so that we could get your attention and ask what type of car you had," the dude explained with a happy nod of his head.

"This is bullshit," I grumbled. "You are so paying for this." With that, I snapped a picture of their license plate and then stormed back into my car, slamming the door shut.

"What happened?" my girlfriend asked, her eyes bulging at my outburst.

"They wanted to freakin' know what type of car this is, so rear-ended it just to get our freakin' attention," I relayed the tale to her. And then you know what my girlfriend did after that? She freaking laughed. This whole thing was so stupid, and now she was laughing. Whatever. I just wanted the car to be all right and everything else didn't really matter.

A/N: So, I may or may not have suggested bumping the car in front of us a few weeks ago when my dad wondered what type of car it was. 

-Sophie