The Fae Moon

The Fae Moon

(This is my story I created it, I own the rights.)

Chapter One

(A glimmer of hope)

It was late morning as Prince Rowan stood on a large balcony looking out over the kingdom. He was the heir to the greatest kingdom, but he was not pleased. Soon he would have to take a bride and at the moment it appeared that bride would be Princess Galina. The thought gnawed him.

Galina was pretty, but he did not consider her a raving beauty by any means. She had brown hair and dark brown eyes. Her skin was rather pale and he thought she often looked sick. However, the princess was far from ugly. It wasn’t her appearance that bothered him though. She was pretty and Rowan could live with her not being incredibly beautiful. It was the girl’s personality that drove him to feel the way he did.

The princess was incredibly quiet and seemed to run from anything and everyone. She was weak not strong. She was obedient but that was the only acceptable part of her personality. The girl wasn’t even capable of saying a full sentence in his opinion. Rowan had never heard her give an opinion on anything. Galina had no business as future queen of the most powerful kingdom in the realm.

The Prince sighed as he thought about having to see his potential bride in the next few days. While Rowan wanted an obedient bride he also wanted one that could be a good queen.

“Brewing again, my son?” The prince glanced back to see his mother standing at the entrance to the balcony. Her blonde hair was up in a bun, as always. It had been so long since he’d seen the woman with her hair down he didn’t even know how long it was.

“Princess Galina?!” he turned angrily and looked at the Queen. “She can’t even speak and they want to make her queen of the kingdom one day!”

“Rowan, you are the heir to Rosina and it is well past time for you to take a bride.” Queen Mellesandra replied calmly as she sauntered closer. The small train of her royal blue gown flowing behind her. “Did you think you could stay a bachelor forever?”

“Isn’t there anyone else?” the prince said exasperated.

“Would you prefer Princess Jenicia or perhaps Lady Hedashia or Lady Etiessa?” the queen taunted. She smirked seeing her son glare at her. “Princess Galina doesn’t seem so terrible compared to them now.”

Mellesandra watched as her son turned away from her. His hands were on the railing and he looked down at the gardens below in defeat. Galina wasn’t strong but at least she wasn’t cruel to her subjects.

“Is there truly no one else?” Rowan asked softly.

“There is no one else in this realm,” she told him. The queen watched and waited. Her son was not a fool and rarely missed even the most insignificant parts of an unimportant conversation. She hid a smile as Rowan suddenly snapped his head as her words hit him.

“Not in this realm?” The prince turned and looked at his mother questioningly. “Does that imply I could find a bride elsewhere?”

“You do not have a lot of time,” the green eyed woman told him. “But you could search the mortal realm.”

“Mortal... mother, Rosina would never accept a mortal as queen. Not this kingdom or any other! You know this! Mortal...!” the blonde prince spat and looked away.

“Mortal no, but a mortal turned Fae is different,” Queen Mellesandra said unbothered by her son’s sudden outburst.

“We can’t turn a mortal completely Fae, mother. A half Fae might be permitted to rule a lower kingdom, but not this one,” Rowan sighed.