Diamonds:A Girl's Best Friends pt5

7:56pm,secret lair,next day.

Val's point of view

"Hey,did Marcus come back yet?"Dee asked while sitting down next to me on the couch.

"No.I even tried calling him but he isn't answering his cell."I said.

"That's odd."Dee said frowning.

Marcus always answered his cell phone but since last night there has been no sign of him.We had picked up the client's item yesterday night and when we had gotten home Marcus had been gone. According to Zack he had been out since yesterday morning after he had briefed us in on the gig for last night.

At that moment Zack came and sat down on the other sofa.

"Did you get any signal?"Dee asked him.

All our cars had GPRS in them to track them down in case of emergencies like this.

"Yeah and guess what Marcus's Maserati has not moved from the highway since 3 in the after noon yesterday.Leo has gone to pick it up with JJ."Zack said.

"Which highway?"I asked.

"The one on the road next to Kingston hotel."Zack said.

"Huh.Why would Marcus be going there?"I said.

Nobody said anything and I just realised we never knew what Marcus did.Like when we were off doing our gigs and going to school or college and stuff,we had no idea how Marcus spent his time.I felt guilty I knew nothing about a man who practically brought us up as his own kids.

"They're back."Zack said as we saw Leo and JJ drive the cars into the garage trough the screen in the intercom.We took the lift and decided to meet them up.

"So did you find him?"Dee asked as Leo and JJ got out of the cars.

"No.There is no sign of him at all.The car's working fine so it wasn't because of the car that he parked in the middle of the highway."JJ said.

"There's no sign of him walking either.We drove around the area but there was nobody in sight."Leo said quietly.

"But then where is Marcus?He didn't just disappear into thin air."I said.

Nobody said anything for a while.We just stared at his car and then Zack sighed and moved towards the lift.We all turned to follow him when we heard a sound.

It was like a thump.We turned around and instinctively got closer to

Marcus's car.I suddeny pictured him gagged and tied,lying in the back of his car.I ran forward and grabbing the keys from JJ popped up the back of the car.

Sure enough there was someone lying there,gagged,blindfolded and tied up by a rope.

But it wasn't Marcus.

"Drake?"Leo said in disbelief and we all looked at Leo.

"You know him?"Zack asked.

"Yeah,he's my best friend."Leo said reaching forward to untie the guy.

A few minutes later when we had untied him and pulled him out he stood half leaning and bowing his head.Then he raised his head.

"Leo?"he said blinking and Leo nodded.

"Am I dead?"he asked rubbing his temple."Becasue I've got a killer headache."

"No you're not dead."Leo said slightly smiling.

The guy stood straight then,he was practically as tall as Leo,his dark brown hair was short.He was wearing a hoodie witha black lev's and converse.His dark brown eyes squinted slightly as he looked past us and then they widened.