Movie Night . . . Oh Joy

"So, you don't think this is gonna be awkward?" I asked Alex, sitting down on my stomach next to him.

"Why should it be?" He more stated than asked. I gave him a look, and he returned it with a blank stare.

"Do you-? What we did the other day and-? Uh?" I stuttered, throwing my hands up in the air for emphasis.

 He grabbed my hand from up in the air and brought it back down. He didn't let go.

I looked at our hands, then up at him. He was just staring ahead at the screen, pretending to be very interested in the advertisements.

"You can let go now, Alex..." I trailed off, trying to look in his eyes to read his emotion.

"I don't want to though." He almost muttered. My jaw said hello to my feet, then I smiled.

"I don't want you to either." I said, so quietly I'm not sure he heard. His way of telling me he had heard what I said was holding my hand tighter.

Didn't exactly expect him to be so forward, but okay ...

Alex turned his head and looked down at me. I looked up at him as I rested my head on my left arm, since my right hand was sorta occupied.

( Alex's POV )

Before I knew it, the movie had ended, and the credits were rolling down the screen. I looked down at Claire, to say the goodnight that I had been planning for hours: Well, night. This didn't mean anything, so there's no need to tell my brothers that I held your hand the whole time. Because, it's no big deal. Not like I have feelings for you or anything . . .

Then again, that might not be too convincing.

But I was happily surprised to see that she had fallen asleep, leaning against my shoulder.

"Too cute . . . " I muttered, emmediately picking her up and carrying her to the other end of her bed.

I was afraid to wake her up and ruin everything. She'd probably start yelling at me for even touching her. But what was I supposed to do, leave her at the foot of her bed? I couldn't do that, there's too much of a draft in her room. She'd get a cold.

She'll even get a cold with the blankets. Guess I have no choice but to put her in my bed . . .

Though, secretly, I was happy.

~~~

(Aaaaand Back To Claire's POV.!)

Birds chirping, sun shining in through the window, it was the beginning of the most perfect day ever!

That is, until I opened my eyes and realized I wasn't in my own room. Who's bed am I in???

I went into full panic mode, sitting up right as fast as lightening.

Okay, calm calm . . . Time to get up and go to my own room now.

I stood up, and walked toward the door. Just as I was about to turn the handle, the door flew open.

"Hey bro, do you--"

It was Oliver. He looked me dead in the eye, and shot me a look of disgust.

I returned it with a confused one.

"What are you doing in Alex's room?" He spat, but not literally. That'd be gross . . .

Wait. This is Alex's room?!

"Uhh . . ." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. Suddenly how I got in his room was no longer important. It was the fact that I was in his room at all.

"So this is why you don't wanna date me? Because you're sleeping with my brother?" He didn't even give me a chance to explain myself, he had already stormed out of the room.

Scratch that, it's the beginning of the most AWFUL day ever!