Ivy Blaze

District 5 Mentor: (Clayla)

Name: Ivy Blaze

District: 5, Victor's Village

Age: 17

Appearance: Burgundy hair, Emerald green eyes, Slender build, height of 5'6

Occupation: Mentor

Family: Dead

Romance: Still needs time alone.

I was woken by my little alarm clock at six in the morning. Great... it's reaping day today. I roll around in my bed for a while before reluctantly going to the bathroom to take a shower.

After my bath I open my smaller wardrobe and grab a dark grey short shirt, a magenta leather jacket, black jeans with a black belt and silver buckle and a pair of red shoes. I also put on a pair of black combat gloves. I'm glad my stylists painted my nails yesterday. I can't bear them barging in and attaking my fingers.

I then proceed downstairs where I cook my meal. I've been cooking my own meals ever since my grandmother died a month ago from grief and old age. And my brother died last year from his cerebral palsy. He tried to pick up a rock but fell in water and drowned. My parents are dead, too, since I was 10.

(Flashback)

Me and my father were in the woods, hunting. I successfully caught my first deer.

"Look at that!" My father beamed. "You'll be an amazing hunter, someday." I never really wanted to be a hunter. But I liked making dad proud. We brought the deer home so my mother could cook it and when my brother saw the game, he squealed happily. 

After the meal, one of the most amazing we have had, my father then took my mother outside, for who knows what reason, then I heared screams. Deafening screams. I ran outside and saw what used to be my parents' bodies on the ground. I screamed and my grandmother and peacekeepers came. Me and my brother couldn't stop crying.

(End Flashback)

My parents' mangled bodies still haunt me in my sleep. I thought winning the games, my life would get better. But there's no difference. If possible, I only feel worse

 So I'm pretty much alone now and I refuse to have any Avoxes. The moment I reach the last step I see Ilett, our escort, sitting in my living room.

"Ilett! Really? What did I tell you about barging in my house?" 

I asked her. Actually, I think she's a he... probably had a gender change. Most of the time escorts are girls. But the one I had when I was a tribute was gay.

"Well, that's no way to treat your guest! I expected some tea!" Ilett said, in her annoying Capitol accent. 

"Guest? You call someone going in someone's house without an invitation a guest?" I said, obviously annoyed. Ilett brushed this off and I angrily stormed to the kitchen.

-------------------------

I sat on a chair beside Ilett and the mayor on a stage in District 5's town square. This is one of the worst parts of being a victor. You have to be a mentor. And you have to feel the guilt of your tribute dying when you, the mentor, could have prevented that. I hate the Capitol. I hate the games.

I tune out the mayor's speech and watch as Ilett digs her light yellow hand in the glass ball with the girls names. She picks up a slip with a heavily ringed, dainty hand and her lips form the name;

"Amalia Slater"

I watch as a blonde girl standing beside a completely identical girl, besides the clothes and freckless slowly walk up to the stage looking pale. She glances at me and I incline my head as greeting. 

Then Ilett calls out the boy. 

I incline my head in greeting, too.

In the Justice Building:

Me and Ilett were discussing about our tributes when I saw the red face of Amalia and a ring on her finger. That wasn't there before.

The moment I step in the train, I headed straight to my room, leaving the tributes to think. But thirty minutes later, I came back to find the girl, Amalia, looking the ring I saw in the justice building, the boy somewhere in the train. I saw him look miserable, though.

I need to start teaching them at dinner. I just have to.

At least one of my tributes has to win