Chapter 10

After Sabo's outburst, he had a really bad fever. It was spontaneous and not even the best doctors in the Revolutionary Army could figure what the problem was. Once you were allowed to, you quickly rushed into the infirmary to check up on Sabo. When you got to bed #27, you see Koala already there. She gestured for you to be quiet and you looked over to see Sabo asleep.

"How's his condition?"

"He fainted right after the scream," Koala said in the low voice. "Ever since then, he's had an extremely high temperature and it just wouldn't drop." She clutched tightly at her skirt. "I don't know what's going to happen to him! I don't know what to do either. I want to take care of him but I have other things that I must get done."

You comforted the stressed girl. "Don't worry. Let me take care of him. You go do your work." You took the towel off of Sabo's forehead and rinsed it with cold water. "You must have even more work now that he's sick."

"You sure?"

"Positive. Besides, Dragon-san isn't letting me do anything anyways." You gestured to your still broken arm.

Koala stood up. "Thanks." She quietly left the infirmary.

"Oh Sabo, what am I supposed to do?" you gazed at the blonde. His face was slightly red from the high temperature and his breathing was unsteady. "Don't leave me after Ace just died!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koala's POV

It's been eight hours since she had left (Name). Finally after stacking the last bits of paperwork and putting it in a folder, she was done.

"Phew!!! That was just too much writing for my liking," Koala declared, "Now that I'm done, I should go so how Sabo and (Name) are doing. Hopefully, by now, Sabo woke up already." The Revolutionary girl headed for the infirmary. When she got there, Sabo was still asleep and (Name) was still beside him, rinsing the hot towel every so often.

"Has he gotten up?"

(Name) shook her head. "The temperature keeps getting higher and higher," she said with a quivering voice.

"I can take over now, since I'm done for today. You should get some rest."

"No, I want to take care of him until he gets better. I feel guilty for having this happen to him..."

Koala scrunched her eyebrows. "But it was never your fault in the first place."

Your POV

"I was the one who got the newspaper. Somehow, the part about Ace triggered Sabo's brain," you explained, still looking at the sleeping man, "Now because of that Sabo has a breakdown."

"What do you mean?"

"Sabo probably got his memory back."

*Flashback*

It was just like any other day. You waited excitingly at the big oak tree behind the mansion. Finally, the bush rustled nearby and you laughed to see Sabo emerge out of it.

You giggled. "You have the funniest ways of coming here, Sabo."

"It's because this way is faster. The faster I get here, the more time we can do things together!"

"Well, what should we do today then?" The two kids pondered for a bit.

"How about we explore Mt. Corvo?" Sabo suggested.