Chapter 22 ~ A Very Berry Christmas

So it's now Christmas time and as you guys can remember from the show, the Berry's are Jewish.
Also I'm from New Zealand so when it's Christmas, it's summer so we have the barbeque Christmas with games of cricket and water gun fights. It's normally very hot
Any who, let this chapter begin!
Enjoy!
----------------------------------------

McKinley closed a week before Christmas so the students can have their Christmas holidays.
Ryley's never really been big with the whole Christmas celebrations (due to her past) but the Berry's aren't big with the whole Christmas celebrations. Rachel, Blaine, Kurt and Santana all came home from New York for the holidays.
The Hudson-Hummel family invited the Anderson's and the Berry's for Christmas dinner at their place. All the families invited accepted so the Berry's were celebrating Christmas this year.

----------------------------------------

Christmas eve went by fast. Ryley spent most of it wrapping up last minutes presents. She hung out with Blaine and Cooper at the Anderson's place for a bit too.
She's never had the proper Christmas celebration. Most of the time, her Christmas gift's are normally just cards or cheap gifts from the local thrift shop. They're always really shitty but at least the workers tried.
She looks out the window of her bedroom in the evening. A few teenagers walk past her house, clearly drunk by the way they're stumbling and laughing. It's icy outside too with the snow blanketing the grass in front of the house and the icy tint to the streets.
"Ryley, you going to bed yet." A voice says from the door to her room, making Ryley jump a bit.
"Not yet, Rach." Ryley says, turning from the window.
"What's up?" Rachel asks.
"I'm just thinking." Ryley says, moving towards her own bed and sitting down.
Rachel sits down next to Ryley, "About what?"
"What's a real family Christmas like?" Ryley asks.
"It's amazing. It's fun and full of laughs and presents." Rachel says.
"I've only see those types of Christmas' on TV."
"Didn't most of the Chuck Christmas episodes involve drama?"
"Yes, the season two one involved a hostage situation at the Buy More and the season five one involved Sarah being kidnapped by Shaw in Castle but hey, they ended up happy in the end."
"Totally."
"But I'm serious. All my Christmas gifts in the last 16 years have been crappy gifts from the thrift store."
"Well at least they tried."
"I know."
"This year, you're going to get a present. From me, from dad and daddy, from Ryder, from the Anderson's, from the Hudson-Hummel's and from all your friends if they brought you something."
Ryley smiles. Rachel's right; this year she'll actually get Christmas presents that are worth something and aren't crappy thrift store purchases.
"I'm going to go call Finn." Rachel says. She gets up and leaves the bedroom.
Ryley sighs then decides to have an early night. It is Christmas tomorrow and the sooner she gets to sleep, the sooner it arrives.

---------------------------------------------------

She wakes up to a cool breeze blowing through the window that was opened just a bit. She shivered a little then her eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the small amount of light entering the room.
It was Christmas Day and as soon as Ryley remembered that, she smiled and got up. She went down the stairs in her pyjamas and dressing gown and found Leroy and Hiram with Rachel at the dining table.
"Merry Christmas everyone." Ryley says as she passes them with a smile to go to the kitchen.
"There are some pancakes on the kitchen bench if you want them." Hiram says.
"Got 'em." Ryley says, returning to the dining table with the large plate of pancakes, drenched in maple syrup.
"That looks very sickly sweet." Rachel says, entering her own less drenched in maple syrup pancakes.
"And yours look boring." Ryley says, eating a mouthful of pancakes.
"So we'll be heading over to Hudson-Hummel's at about midday for the Christmas celebrations." Leroy says.
"That's good since I'm going to go and meet up with Ryder soon." Ryley says, quickly eating her pancakes and drinks mouthfuls of orange juice in between bites.
"Is he going to give you his Christmas present?" Hiram asks.
"He is." Ryley says with a small smile, lifting her glass to her lips to take a drink.
"Just make sure he wears protection." Rachel mumbles, smiling at her joke.
Ryley chokes on her juice and spits it out onto her plate. Leroy and Hiram cough awkwardly. Ryley glares at Rachel while the younger brunette wipes up the juice she spat out.