Chapter 1

"What wrong Sang Baby?" asked North in his gruff voice. Over the past 10 months, it is North's voice that shows one of the biggest changes. When he finally started speaking to the rest of the family, other than to Silas in Greek, his voice was always very brisk and gruff. Then they met Sang. Initially his voice remained gruff, but some compassion and gentleness started to show through when he was talking to Sang. Now his gruff voice is almost always tempered with compassion and gentleness no matter who he is talking to except when he is concerned about someone's safety.

Hearing the gruff tone in North's voice, Luke shakes his head to get rid of the daydream that he was just in. Looking back over his shoulder to where his Cupcake is curled up in North's lap, he sees what North was talking about.

Sang, who has been so happy these past 2.5 weeks since school has ended for the summer, now looks sad. Thinking back, Luke realizes that Sang has been looking off for the past week. Sure she has been laughing and smiling, just enjoying her time together with the boys, but her smile hasn't always made it to her eyes. Other times her smile has seemed a little forced, but the boys all ignored it since there wasn't any threats hanging over them anymore. They all just figured that it was a girl thing. Now Luke isn't so sure.

"Please Cupcake, tell us what is bothering you," pleads Luke as he turns around and lays his head on Sang's lap.

Sang takes one of her hands from North's chest and starts to run her fingers through Luke's long blond hair. "How did I get to be so lucky?" Sang questions herself. Continuing to stroke Luke's hair, Sang finds herself relaxing more into North's chest which further relaxes her. Closing her eyes, she tries to think about what is causing this funk that she is experiencing. She should be happy. They had all finished with the Ashley Waters job. Mr. Hendricks and Mr. McCoy along with the superintendent and a few other surprises were in jail. The boys all graduated from the Academy and were given the summer off from doing Academy jobs except for emergencies. They have already had lots of fun including their shifts at the dinner, but something feels off. "Maybe it is just PMS," she thinks to herself.

Opening her eyes, she looks both North and Luke in the eyes and tells them, "Nothing is wrong. It's probably just a girl thing."

North and Luke look to one another and have a silent conversation promising each other that they won't drop this for long. They know that something is wrong and it disappoints them that Sang won't tell them what it is.

Letting it go for now, the three of them decide to put on a movie while they wait for the rest of the family minus Dr. Green, to show up for supper.

----***----

"Peanut, I'm home," calls out Nathan as he walks into his living room.

"Honey!" Sang replies as she jumps up from North's lap, dislodging Luke's head as she runs over to Nathan. Giving him a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek she asks him how his shift at the dinner went.

"It went fine, Peanut. Although I really missed you today. Before you ask, Silas, Kota, and Gabe should all be here within the hour."

"Good, because I'm hungry! Hungry for dessert," jokes Luke as he tries to duck out of the way of North's hand. "Give it up North, you will never best your elders," he calls out as he takes off running with North following him.

Sang and Nathan just stand there laughing enjoying the fact that some things never change.

"Did you miss me Peanut?"

"I always miss my boys when they aren't here with me. You know that Honey," Sang reassures him without specifically saying that she misses him. She knows that Nathan has been having a hard time adjusting to the fact that she is spending more time and nights away from him now that school is over, but for the plan to work he needs to adjust. Seeing the brief look of sadness that crosses his face with her answer, Sang quickly tells him how much she loves him bringing back his smile.

Just as Nathan leans in to kiss her, they hear the front door open. "Princess!"

Sang leans in and gives Nathan a quick peck on the lips before stepping back and heading to the front door. "My Prince," she breathes out with a smile as she walks into his open arms for a hug.

"Did you have a good day with North and Luke?" Victor asks as he steps back from the hug. Taking her hand he leads her back into the living room.

"I did."

Leading her over to the couch, Victor sits down pulling Sang into his lap. North and Luke come back in from the back yard laughing with an arm around each other. Nathan, too, returns to the living room after having changed out of his dinner clothes. They all sit back to relax and watch tv while waiting for the last four boys to show up.

Fifteen minutes later they all hear the front door opening. "Aggele mou!"

"Superman," Sang calls out as she jumps off of Victor's laugh. Everyone else in the room chuckles quietly at Sang's enthusiasm knowing that she responds the same way to them when they walk in.

Reaching Silas, Sang jumps up into his arms and wraps her legs around his waist. "Silas gives the best hugs," she thinks to herself.

"Ahh, Aggele mou, this is the best part of my day," he whispers in her ear causing goose bumps to break out on her skin. Chuckling to himself at her reaction, he leans back in to whisper more things in her ear only to be cut off.

"Oy, it's my turn with Trouble. Give her here,"

"Gabe," cautions Kota, but Silas is already lowering Sang to the ground. Since Gabe interrupted his chance to whisper sweet nothings in her ear, Silas takes get pleasure in making sure that Sang's body is plastered to his as he lowers her down.

Sang takes a small step back while trying to get her breathing under control.

"About fucking time," mutters Gabe as he reaches out and grabs Sang pulling her into a hug.

Sang uses Gabe's hug to hide her face in the side of his neck to hide the tell tale blush that stains her cheeks after what Silas had just done. "If only they had been alone, maybe he could have done that again just without their clothes on," she thinks as her blush intensifies.

"Trouble, what are you thinking about? I can feel the heat from your blush on my skin?" asks Gabe causing the rest of the room to snicker as they take in the smug look on Silas' face.

"Man that guy has some smooth moves," seems to be the prevalent thought running through most of their brains.

"Nothing Meanie. I'm just glad that almost everyone is here for supper," mutters Sang as she finally responds to Gabe's question.
Feeling a tap on his shoulder, Gabe relinquishes his hold and turns her towards Kota. "Hi Ten," he says as he reaches for her hands. He quickly counts all ten fingers before pulling her in for a hug. "Did you have a good day?" he continues.

"I did 52. It was nice and relaxing," she replies with her heart stopping smile.

Letting her go, Kota moves into the living room leaving Sang and Mr. Blackbourne, Owen, alone in the front entrance.

Reaching for her hands, Owen whispers, "Miss Sorenson, Sang my dear, I've missed you these last two days."

"I've missed you, too, Mr B, I mean Owen," gushes Sang as she turns red over her stumble of his name.

Trying to control his chuckle, he quickly pulls her in for a hug. It has taken them a long time in comparison to the others to get to this place in their relationship, but it works for them. He is hoping that now that he is no longer her teacher that their relationship can progress faster starting tonight. He plans to have her accompany him to his house for the night. Since school has ended he has spent a few nights here at Nathan's with her, but always at least one other family member was around. It is not the same as getting actual alone time with her. He knows that the other boys won't be too happy at not having her around tonight, but they will be even more upset when they find out that he has plans to keep her away from them for the next few days. Sean has been so busy working at the hospital that he hasn't had much of a chance to spend time with Sang since school has ended and he asked Owen if he could arrange to have a day or two with her on his days off.

Realizing that Sang is still in his arms, he lowers his arms so that he can hold her hand. "Come Sang. I think that it is time to feed the animals," he jokes.

Laughing Sang follows him through the living room and into the kitchen to finish putting supper on the table.