I

It had been a couple of weeks now since On With The Show finished in New Zealand. No member of the band would admit it easily, but they needed the tour to end; it went on for over a year, across the globe and all the traveling, as well as the shows too of course, exhausted them.

While Christine returned to England, Mick, Lindsey and John to their families, Stevie went back to Santa Monica, to her beloved condo. She had so many plans already, but first she needed to rest. And she did, staying completely out of touch from everyone, being lazy and having only Sulamith to talk to, which was more than enough for her at the moment.

Although, she wasn't able to stop her mind from working completely. She could hear his words, as if he was in the room with her right now, telling her. She shut her eyes, sighing, as she sank deeper into the hot water, nearly disappearing in the bubbles. She shouldn't be so focused on it. Yes, they had been having a lovely time together, somewhere from the second half of the tour right up until the end, but they weren't... anything really.

The water got cold and Stevie unwillingly got out of the tub and dried herself off. She strangely felt tired, not bothering with putting on clothes, as she just slipped on her robe, tying the sash. Using a towel to dry her hair some, she then tossed it away and reached for the hairbrush, running it through her still so beautiful golden locks.

She knew she had to occupy herself with one or the other, otherwise she was going to go mad. They agreed he'd call, but she didn't know when and the waiting was killing her. She went to the kitchen, thinking that a cup of herbal tea would do her good, as she put the kettle on and waited for the water to start boiling.

With the cup in hand, she went back to the bedroom, placing it on the nightstand, while she went to take her journal. She threw it on the bed and then climbed on it, settling against the headboard. She had spent about five minutes staring at a blank page until she realized she was doing so. With a pen in hand, it touching the paper, Stevie sat like that, not a single word coming to her. Since when was she unable to write down her thoughts and feelings?

With a heavy sigh, Stevie gave up, closing her journal and putting it aside, as she stretched out on the bed, then lay on her back, her hands clasped on her stomach, as she looked up at the ceiling. This was crazy! Why was it affecting her so much? He didn't actually promise her a future together, but she was just the kind of person, it was hard for her not to get too emotionally involved.

Remembering the promise that she had made herself and to Lindsey, Stevie went to search for a box, which was put somewhere in her closet, where she held all of her demos. She gave in after all. She didn't say as to when, but she did agree to the new Fleetwood Mac album, of course she wanted to contribute, she just wanted the other band members to give her some time.

Reading the labels, she picked out a few and went to a small CD player she knew how to work, putting the first disk on. She listened through about ten, before she wrote down on a piece of paper, which ones she was going to hand to Lindsey and which tracks exactly he should focus on, knowing very well that he was going to listen to everything else as well.

When she was done, she was glad that shortened her day for a couple of hours. But once again, she found herself bouncing her leg anxiously. She hadn't eaten anything all day, although, feeling as if she couldn't force any food down. Grunting aloud, she decided to take Sulamith out for a walk along the shore, it actually being more for her than her beloved pet.

But what if he calls while I'm out? No, she shook her head, I need some fresh air.

The ocean never failed to calm her down, as it did the trick this time as well, even if for the time while Stevie was breathing in the air it made seem so fresh, the sound of the waves soothing her too. Unfortunately, it was getting dark and she knew not to wander around by herself, she certainly didn't need any unnecessary trouble.

Unlocking the door to her condo, Stevie blindly searched for the switch to turn on the light, then took Sulamith's leash off, putting it away. Since she didn't feel like doing anything, Stevie thought she was for once going to go to bed early. Well, early for her standards anyway.

While she was in the bathroom, changing out of her clothes, that she barely wore for an hour throughout the whole day, the phone finally rang. Instantly nervous, she didn't know how to feel or what to expect, as she slowly made her way into the bedroom, answering the call.

"Hey."

"Hey." She heard back, as she swallowed uneasily. 

"So..."

"My divorce was finalized today."

~

This just came to me out of nowhere, I hope you'll like it.