We Don't Have to Talk... Seriously, We Don't.

I've been listening to We Don't Have to Dance by Andy Black and I'm not entirely sure what he meant by this song when he wrote it. But honestly it got me thinking.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences this but... Story time!

You know those times in your life when you have no idea who you are and you just go along with the crowd and you have no idea what your convictions are and you're just trying to fit in? Of course you know what I'm talking about.

I went through a good 6 months to a year of trying to get through this in one piece. In the interim I made pretty stupid choices, said stupid stuff, and hung out with equally stupid-acting people.

Once I got out of that phase I basically cut off all contact with my "friends" from that time period.

But every now and then I see those people pop up in my life...

And this song perfectly describes what I feel when our eyes meet or our paths cross.

Please don't see me. Please don't look. Please don't look. Gah! Don't say hi. Don't engage. Forreal?! Ugh yes, hi to you too. I know it's been a while. I was hoping it would've been longer. Please leave me alone. Everything you say reminds me of stuff I have literally buried far far far away. Can we stop talking to each other now? Please? Ok yeah sure of course we'll catch up some other time... Not. Yep... Byeeeee.

Seriously, the worst.

I'm just curious if there are people who feel that way about me and I don't know about it. Hehehe food for thought.