10 Happy-Making Things

Things that make me happy.

1. Music that I can lose myself to and just rock to the beat. I love to dance so anything that makes me want to get up and move.

2. Art. Seriously, if I'm having a bad day, I will reach for the nearest container of art supplies. It can be nail polish, fabric dyes, bleach, stencils, spray paint, crayons, colored pencils, makeup. Creating something aesthetically pleasing makes me happy knowing I did something beautiful.

3. My sister. She is my best friend. She is more than I could have ever asked for. She never judges me despite my plethora of mistakes and annoyances that I have done. I love her so much.

4. Having a conversation with someone and it being completely natural and organic and the vibes are just right. It doesn't happen often but omigosh I love it when it does. It's one of the best feelings ever.

5. Meeting people. Especially people who teach me by just being who they are. People who I can relate to in unexpected ways. People who have entirely different perspectives and allow me to peer into it. Makes me so happy. ^.^

6. Teaching someone and seeing the "Aha!" Moment when they really grasp the concept. It's euphoric in a way that makes me smile for hours afterward.

7. My brother when he shows maturity and kindness out-of-the-blue. Such a great thing to see.

8. My amazing parents who are superheroes in disguise. They're incredible.

9. Friends who are there through every problem and every issue, year after year after year.

10. Learning things. Anything that inspires me, or helps me understand big concepts more clearly. Anything that drives my passions and soothes my fears. I love this feeling.

There are plenty of other things, like the sky when it's soooo blue, and seeing true love, and the feeling of your toes defrosting at night, and rain, and people who know how to give great hugs, and when people know what I need before I know.

Anywhoooo, I'm not going to tag people but feel free if you read this, to do your own version of it!