(19)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: LAST CHAPTER!!!!! I will have one more chapter for you, but it doesn't belong with the story. Thank you all for reading The Nightmares Sing.
I love you all! Thank you!!! DONT FORGET IT IS 5 YEARS IN THE FUTURE.

Everlark_Katniss

SUMMARY:

Rue is 5 years old.

Katniss and Peeta have been married for 2 years now.

Peeta proposed to Katniss when they were in the meadow.

Effie and Haymitch are married and are expecting.

Johanna is dating Gale. They are in District 7 together.

District 12 is currently being rebuilt.

Effie and Haymitch are now the new presidents of Panem.

KATNISS' POV

I see life a different way now.

I see sunshine and smiles and everyone caring for everyone.

I see that people are starting to move back to District 12. They have no worries.

"Katniss. Let's go" Peeta calls for me while I change Rue into a bright yellow dress.

"We go to meadow!" Rue yells with excitement. I laugh.

After getting Rue dressed, we walk down the stairs and to the meadow.

As we're walking I see someone too familar.

"Mage?" I say to myself softly.

She turns around and notices me to. Yep. That's Mage.

"Katniss!" She yells and comes running towards me. I give her a big hug and she returns.

"How are you?" She asks

"Better then ever" I say " How are you?"

"I'm great actually. I have a fiance and we're getting married in the summer" Mage responds.

"That's great!" I say

"Do you have a certain someone?" Mage asks

"Yes I do" I laugh, then walk over to Peeta and Rue "Mage, this Peeta, my husband. And this little girl is Rue. My daughter"

"Hi there" Mage says with excitement

"Hello!" Rue smiles back waving her hand in the air.

"Wait" Mage says "Rue?"

She seems to remember Rue in the games.

I nod my head.

"Yes. My name is Rue" Rue squeals.

Mage, Peeta and I all laugh.

"Well, I better get going. My fiance Gregg, is waiting for me" Mage says then gives me one last hug.

"You ready?" Peeta asks, taking my hand in his.

"Yes" I smile and pick Rue up.

We walk to the meadow and all is bringht.

I sit down by the willow tree and watch as my husband and daughter blow daisys in the wind.

As I see the both of them play, I realize something.

I have won these games. I have beat Snow and Paylor. I beat every career in the games and I have beat the nightmares that haunts me.

I have no more nightmares. Sure, one may comes every now and then, but for the most part, they disappeared.

The nightmares don't sing anymore. They whisper, if they have the guts to do it.

I sit down and remember all that has happened. The games, Rue and others. The nightmares. The wars. Prim and mother and father.

But those are all bad. So, I remember the good times I had.

Finding Pest in the arena. Prim wanting to see me in all the wedding dresses. Being with Peeta. Having Rue. Now, living here. Happily married with a beautiful daughter. All this pain has lead up to one thing.

That 'thing' is happiness. I am happy and I couldn't ask for anything else.

DEEP IN THE MEADOW, UNDER THE WILLOW. A BED OF GRASS, A SOFT GREEN PILLOW. LAY DOWN YOUR HEAD, AND CLOSE YOUR SLEEPY EYES. AND WHEN THEY OPEN, THE SUN WILL RISE. HERE ITS SAFE, HERE ITS WARM. HERE THE DAISIES GAURD YOU FROM EVERY HARM. HERE YOUR DREAMS ARE SWEET, HERE THEY COME TRUE. HERE IS THE PLACE, WHERE I LOVE YOU.

DEEP IN THE MEADOW, HIDDEN FAR AWAY. A CLOAK OF LEAVES, A MOONBEAM RAY. FORGET YOUR WOES. AND LET YOUR TROUBLES LAY. AND WHEN AGAIN ITS MORNING, THEY'LL WASH AWAY. HERE ITS SAFE, HERE ITS WARM. HERE THE DAISES GAURD YOU FROM EVERY HARM. HERE YOUR DREAMS ARE SWEET, HERE TOMORROW BRINGS THEM TRUE. HERE IS THE PLACE, WHERE I LOVE YOU.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay! LAST CHAPTER EVERYONE!!!!! THANK YIU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING!

VOTE/SHARE/COMMENT