(3)

Peeta's POV

I'm knocking on the window rapidly and screaming Katniss' name. She is unconscious and I can't get inside. So I look around for something sharp. I see a rock. I pick it up and throw it at the window. The glass shaders all over the floor. I crawl through the window all over the broken glass. Cutting my knees. I gently pick up Katniss and carry her to her bedroom. I hope she is okay. What if she fell because of me? What if the sight of me was too much for her to handle?

I then rush to the bathroom and get a small towel wet for Katniss. I walk back to her room and put it on her forehead. I then walk out if the house.

Katniss' POV

I wake up with a pounding headache. Also with a wet towel on my face? I don't remember putting this here. In fact, I don't remember a lot. What happened to me?

I then get up from the bed, almost falling. And look around. I see the bathroom light is on, and I hear things downstairs. Who has been in my house?

I walk downstairs slowly, making sure I don't make a sound. I look around downstairs and see nothing. Then he comes in.

"Katniss?" Peeta asks.

Peeta? WHY IS HE HERE?!?!

"I see your feeling better" he says

I just stare at him

"Aren't you going to say something?" He asks, desperate

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"Um...." Peeta hesitates

"Well?" I ask, waiting for an answer

"I wanted to ask you something" he says

"Ok" I say with a little aditude " what's the question?"

"Did you get my note?" He asks. I forgot all about the note

"Yeah, I did" I say

"Good. Now the question I wanted to ask you was, why was I so important?" Peeta finally asks

"What?" I say confused

"When Effie pulled out my name, you stared at me for the longest time. In the arena, you wanted to keep me alive. Why?" He asks

"I-" That's all I have to say. I have nothing to say. I dont know the answer to his question. I don't think I ever will. why is he wondering this?

"Well?" He says

"Because I felt like I had to owe you" I say, lieing to him

"Owe me? What did I do to make you owe me?" Peeta asks

"The bread" I say

"Oh" is all he can manage to say

"Oh" I say mocking him. Then for the first time in two years, I stare into his eyes. But its not the eyes I want to see. There dilated and hard to see his blue eyes. What's wrong with him?

"Why-" I try to say as Peeta then grabs my neck and throws me to the ground.

He has his arms around me and is chocking me. I try to breath some air but receive none.

"Peeta!" I'm trying to say

"Shut up! You're a liar! I hate you!" Peeta screams in my face

Then he let's go.

I stay on the ground. Trying to regain the loss of air. Why would Peeta say that to me?

"Katniss I-" then before he could finish I run upstairs to my bedroom and lock the door behind me. I start to cry.

Peeta's POV

I hurt Katniss. I couldn't stop myself. It's as if I had no control over my body. Oh Katniss, I need to be told the truth.

Katniss' POV

I sit there. Starring at the door. Waiting to see if Peeta will knock on it. He hurt me. The Peeta I used to know, would have risked his life to protect mine. This has happened to me before, but feeling it again just brought back so many memories. Dark and sad memories I wish to forget.

"Katniss?" Peeta says at the door. It sounds like he is crying.

"Katniss? Are you there?" He asks. Well pleading actually

I dont answer him.

"Katniss, I'm sorry. I know sorry is just a word but its a meaningful word. I didn't mean to hurt you. Honestly" Peeta says

The Peeta I wished was here would have barged through the door to comfort me. Him just standing there shows me Peeta Mellark we will never be the same Peeta Mellark.

"I understand you don't want to talk to me" Peeta begins "but I wont give up to getting us back to the way we were before"

The way we were before plays over in my head for a while. We can't go back to being the girl on fire and the boy with the bread. Can we?

Then I answer the door.

Peeta comes in with a sad face. He notices I've been crying to. Wow, what a mess we are.

"Are you ok?" He asks me

"No. And I never will be" I say likes it the truth. Because its is. "Are you ok?"

"No" he replies.

Then I get on my bed. Peeta follows and sits down next to me. We say nothing for witch seems like forever. Then I breaks the silence.

"Why was I important?" I ask

"What?" Peeta asks like he doesn't know what I'm taking about.

"I told you why you were important. Now, tell me why I was important" I say

"Well..... I've always loved you. I never will stop loving you. If you lived and I died, I wouldn't have nothing. I wouldn't be here with you right now talking about why you're important" Peeta answers

"Of course you had things to live for" I say, not believing him

"No I didn't. You were my everything. Well... Are my everything." Peeta says.
Now, I don't know what to think. I haven't been able to think straight in two years. But now, this is just confusing me more.

"Ok" is all I can spit out

"Ok" Peeta says.

Then, once again, we sit there in silence. But not for long when Peeta says

"I better head home"

"Ok" I say.

He then gets up from the bed, walks downstairs and leaves the house. That's when I scream.

AUTHORS NOTE: Yay another chapter, sorry it took me FOREVER to update but I did. Thank you for reading! PLEASE SHARE AND COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!!! Everlark_Katniss