Chapter 5: Lauren? Mitch? Together?

Lindsay

"God," I start out my prayer with the same name that helped me through my struggles. "I know your disappointed in me for attempting suicide the other day, but I came here to apologize. I'm sorry for almost ending my life the other day. I hit rock-bottom; I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't live a life without my parents. So I ended it. Well, almost. There was a guy that saved me from my death: Mitch."

After saying that one word, a tingling sensation began in my stomach. Was I nervous? Why am I nervous about saying his name? He wasn't even here? Maybe the thought of him gives me butterflies?

I shrugged it off and continued my prayer. "Anyways, I think after that, I'm beginning to fall for him. Please help and guide me through my journey with this boy.

Bless us O Lord

In these thy gifts

Which we are about to

Recieve from thy bounty

Through Christ, our Lord

Amen."

After kneeling in silence for a moment, I pick myself up and look at the place where Jesus was hung.

...Jesus died on the cross so we could be forgiven of our sins...

Before I knew it, tears were slipping from my eyes. I never knew a person as kind and nice as Jesus. He died for us. He everything he could to save us from sin. I couldn't ask for a better friend than him.

As I make my way out of the church, I realize that it was fate. Mitch saved my life for a reason, I almost commited suicide for a reason. Everything that happens has a reason behind it. That's when it clicked.

Mitch and I were meant to be with each other, with the assistance of God.

Mitch

After the final knock, I give up and sit, exhausted, on her steps. Where could she be? Today's Sunday; she's either roaming around--

That's when it hit me. She's Christian; she goes to church every Sunday.

This proves how stupid I am, example two. I go to stand up when I hear the bushes rustling beside me. Thinking it's just squirrel, I continue to walk towards the park. Whenever I need to hear the peaceful nature sounds of baby birds chirping and see the sun illuminating autumn leaves, the park is my number one choice.

I hear the rustling bushes once again. This time, I know it isn't a squirrel anymore. It must be a human-being. "Who's there?" It was meant to be a booming yell, but instead it came out as a tiny squeal.

Of course, no one answers. In movies, the person walks away as if it was nothing, but not me. I bravily walk to the bushes and jump over the bushes, hoping to flatten the person behind it. I hear a girly scream that makes me jump. At this point, I was on top of a girl that I think I might've scared the crap out of her, literally. I feel her trying to push me out of the way, but I knew I was stronger than her. In fact, it was kind of funny just hearing her struggle. After teasing her some more, I jump off of her. As soon as we both recover, I get a view of the person who was stalking me.

"Lauren? Were you spying on me?"

Guilt was written all over her face. I smirk and roll my eyes at her pouted face.

"Why? You jealous that me and Lindsay are a thing now?" My eyes literally popped out of my head, and so did hers. Ugh, I hate it when I spill information that isn't even true. This proves how stupid I am. Example three.