Chapter 1: The First Attempt

A/N: To the right, to the right... IT'S A COLTON DIXON SONG!!! YAYYYYY!

••••••••••

Lindsay

"You're ugly."
"You're not talented."
"You're weak."
"You're worthless."

The words linger in my mind as they push me into a nearby locker, bringing pain to my right hip. They were right. I've never heard my peers compliment me once, let alone the teachers. I couldn't stand up for myself without my friends there. But, I only had two; Trinity and Faith.

I bite my bottom lip so I could hide my painful scream in a wince. I've learned to accept the fact that I was useless to the world. I would go to church and pray for things to get better, and God promised me it will. It just hasn't happened yet. Maybe tomorrow, or the day after that, or next week. But I want it to happen now.

It's terrible, going through this everyday. Being teased and called names. Living in the west, it was no surprise. I've heard that some people there are just plain rude and mean.

Ring!

The school bell rings. That was my cue to go to Math class.

Before I enter the room, I look in the two-by-two window panel on the door.

I spotted one girl with blonde hair that reached all the way to her waist talking to a boy about 5'8" in the back of the classroom. He had messy, chocolate-brown hair that was gelled up into a mohawk. His green eyes had specks of hazel in them that really brought out his cheekbones. The girl kisses the boy and takes a seat next to another girl.

Wow, if only I could have a relationship like that.

{That Afternoon...}

A blast of wind greets me when I exit the doors of school. I always thought of wind as 'mother nature's cordless blow drier'. It was a gloomy threat, just like me everyday.

~~~~~~~~~~

As I reach the perimeter of my lawn, I pause.

"What if there was no meaning for me in life? What if God put me in this world for no apparent reason? No, don't say that, Lindsay. God loves you. And you know that." I have an argument with myself for about fifteen minutes until I come to a conclusion. "I can't suffer anymore pain. I need to be with God sooner."

I hop into my car. It's an old, white Ford that looks like its about to collapse in any moment, but I still love it to death.

I rest my hands on the car wheel. All the bubbling tension dies down as I close my eyes. "I'm coming, Jesus. I'm coming."

I decided that I wanted a less painful death, so I won't hang myself or crash my car into someone else's car.

Drowning. That seems a lot less painful.

On the bright side, I will be meeting my mom and dad in Heaven! I can just imagine them on the hands of God, completely safe from harm. Tears roll down my cheek as I remember watching them die in front of my eyes.

{Flashback}

|• Three Years Ago •|

"Don't hurt her! Please! I'll do anything!" My mom pleads to the serial killer as I watch from my bedroom doorway.

My mom and dad were kneeling on their bedroom floor, the killer towering above them. There were tears in their eyes. My room was right across from theirs, so I could see everything that was happening. And I wish I hadn't.