The Light

Chapter 3

In the evening of my boring, lousy day I lay on my bed. 

I was staring at the wall. It was dark , the blinds were down, like always.

I could her thousands of raindrops thumping on the pavement of our street.

My mind was bubbling, thinking and working through problems. 

I was sad, depressed..... i didn't know what to do.

That was the truth! I was lost in my own world.

Why was I the third child.........?

Why did this stupid law even exist?

Suddenly I felt something wet rolling down my red cheeks.

First I thought it might of been water seeking through the roof again.

But then I recognized that it was me tearing up.  I felt the salty and bitter taste of my tears on my dried lips.

After a few minutes of silently crying I saw a glance of bright light coming through the window. The blinds were down so that the light reflected of my spooky, white wall.

I jumped up and had a strong wanting to tumble over to the window and investigate what this lighthad been.

But I knew I couldn't. I knew that if it was the population police that I get caught and then take me away from my family.

Even if it wasn't I was WAY to scared to do so.

I would rather stay put here in this very spot. 

I was kinda trained for something like this.

 I still had a huge urge to peak my bare eye through the blinds and explore the world of one  single shining light.

Eventually I was tired enough to stretch myself into bed and close my eyes.

Slowly and steady I fell asleep.

I dreamed that I was free............................