~Four~

Josh's POV-

After sitting down next to Alec and finding out his mother had died and he called his brother, I really didn't know what to say but to stay silent and offer my comforting presence.

During the silence, the scent of lime and mint filled my nose. My wolf was trying to take control, yelling at me to find her.

There was a growl at the door, looking up, I noticed it was Beta Cain, breathing slightly heavy. He was staring directly at me with dilated eyes.

"Mate," Cain growl out, stalking towards me.

I stood up, not knowing what to do. Once Cain was in front of me, he reached out and grabbed me and crushed me to his chest, burying his face in my neck in the process. 

During all of this, I noted that Alec sulked out of the room away from me, leaving me alone and confused with the Beta who claims to be my mate. I didn't didn't know my mate was going to be a guy... Let alone Cain...

I was confused at all the emotions running through me right now it was hard to think clearly. My wolf was still trying to take control and take Cain right there on the floor, emotions and thoughts running through my head.

Is this why being with girls didn't feel right?

Is this why I got bored and felt next to nothing towards girls?

I've never been with a guy. I never thought I was gay... But looking back on my very shameful playing past, it seems to add up, but I was still not in the right mindset to do anything right now. If anything, right now I am probably making the worst decisions ever.

I gently pushed Cain off of me, almost melt right back into his arms, and put a little space between us. I looked up at him, since he was quite a bit taller than me. The look on his face made me regret pushing him away...

"Beta Cain-" he cut me off before I could finish.

"Cain, you don't have to call be Beta anymore." Even though he cut in, I saw him shiver at the sound of his name coming from me.

"Bet- Cain... um, this is kinda hard for me right now... Uh... Understand that, please... but I need, uh, minute... Yeah, so bye!" I all but yell as I sprint the other way, away form him.

I didn't realize I was running to Alec's room until I was actually in the room hiding behind him.

"Josh? Why are you here?" Alec's exhausted voice asked.

"Mate... Beta Cain... Confused," I wheezed out from lack of air.

"So you come here and hide behind me?! Beta Cain is going to get jealous that you're here with me, another dude, and not him! He's going to kill me!" Right as Alec said that, Cain burst into the room, wearing a furious face. You could almost see the smoke coming from his ears.

"Alec?" Cain stopped, now confused seeing him and not me.

"Yes, Beta Cain?" Alec replied respectfully.

"Have you seen... uh..."

"Josh?"

"Yeah, him. He ran away from me," Cain growled, now back to furious, I flinched slightly at his tone.

"Yeah... Um..." Alec faltered on his words, giving Cain the a answer.

"Where is he?" Cain's voice was deep, full of demand.

"Behind me," Alec squeaked, not able to resisted the command.

Cain walked over to us, and Alec obediently moved out of the way, trying to shrink himself away from us. I looked up at my Beta form my crouched position, giving him a shy smile. I already knew I was in deep shit just for pushing him away, but I made it worse by running away from him.