~Three~

Alec's POV-

Sitting in the infirmary with an icepack on my eye, and pain meds coursing through my veins wasn't exactly how I thought my weekend would go, but I can deal with this. I laid back in the bed and closed my eyes, letting the ice numb my face. 

I heard footsteps approaching, but I didn't bother to open my eyes to see who it was, probably just the doctor of a nurse taking care of someone else. I heard the person stop right next to me. I turned my head slowly and opened my eyes, well the eye that actually could open. I noticed it was Beta Cain, so i quickly sat up and bowed my head respectfully to him, regretting the fast action I did, making a sharp pain shoot through my head. I wince quietly, trying not to let him hear my pain.

"Beta," I said with my head bowed.

"Alec, look at me," he said sternly.

I did what I was told and looked up at him. I noted that his eyes were full of sorrow and a sadness. My head tilted ever so slightly in curiosity.

"Alec... I'm so sorry..." Beta Cain started.

"What do you-" I was cut off, and quickly shut up when he began talking again.

"Your mother... She was found near the northern boarder... Dead," Cain's voice was getting quieter and smaller as he spoke.

For me, it was like all the wall I built up around my mind to block out my past just shattered and everything that we tried to get away from just flooded back into me like a tsunami. I felt tear prick my eyes as I remembered everything my father, her mate, did to us. He did every horrible thing you could think of, to us... But him. No, he was the "prize" of the family and he was the only thing my father ever needed, not his first born son, no, not even his mate did he want. All my father wanted a mate was so he could have sons, and that's what he got, but he didn't want me... He wanted him.

I forced the painful... Painful... Memories back down, along with the tears, not wanting to burst into a flood of tears in front of my Beta. I nodded soundlessly, knowing I'm going to have to talk to him... 

Cain looked like he wanted to say something else, but decided not to. He solemnly nodded and turned on his heal, Cain walked out of of the room. 

I just sat there from pure shock and overriding sadness. I stayed like that for a little while before i plucked up enough confidence to get up and walk out of the room, too. Shuffling to my bedroom, I sat down on the edge of the bed and stared out my phone in my hands.

Was I really about to do this?

Was I really about to call him up and tell him what happened to Mom?

I quickly dialed his number before I chickened out and end up not doing it. I pressed to cold glass screen of my phone to my ear, and listened, waiting to hear his voice.

"Hello? Who is this?" His voice rang through the phone with demand and authority.

"Hello, brother," I said quietly and waited for the burst of anger.

"You have the fucking nerve to call me? It has been, what, eight years ago? You killed our dad, then just packed up and left with mom, leaving me here all alone, by myself. I was fucking nine years old! You being my older brother were supposed to help me, and look after me, make me understand thing, help me through life, but no. You just left me. I had no one for so long. So fucking long. You have no idea what I went through-" I cut him off not able to hold off my rage.

"JACK! You don't know fucking pain until you experience the feeling of not being wanted by your own father. Our- Your, father used to mentally and physically beat me, and not only me but Mom. You never saw it because you were Dad's prized child, and he always loved, cared, cherished, I wasn't. Dad was either beating me, or was with you. I was always taking care of mom, making sure she didn't kill herself because of the depression was getting to her! You don't understand pain until you see your own mother tear herself apart because she thought she wasn't good enough for her own mate. So shut up and listen before you hang up on me," I stopped ranting for a second and took a breather.

I listened into the phone to make sure eh was still there, I heard heavy breathing coming from the other side letting me know he was listening.

"Mom was murdered," I state bluntly.

"Why would I care?" Jack tried to sound non-caring, but I heard the slight waver to his voice.

"I thought you would like to know that now both of our parents are dead. Unless you call me, I won't call," I whisper and hang up the phone.

I throw my phone on my bed. I never realized I stood up while I was talking to my little brother. I shuffled out of the room and into the living room. I took note that for once Josh wasn't in here. 

Waking over to the couch, I sat on the floor in front of it. Bringing my knees to my chest, I stared blankly at the wall, getting lost into my thoughts and memories. Someone walked in front of me, but not drawing enough of my attention to draw me out of my mind.

"Yo, bro, you okay?" Josh's voice snapped me back to reality.

"Yeah." I cleared my throat after replying, getting rid of the scratchiness.

"You know, you are the worst liar ever. What's going on?" He pressed on.

"My mother was murdered and I talked to my brother," I say emotionlessly, trying to fight off the real emotions inside me.

"What? Oh... Wow... How you holdin' up?" He questioned, taking a seat on the floor next to me.

I look over at him with a blank expression. Josh caught on quickly, nodding his head.

Silence followed after that. I rested my head on his shoulder and let the silence of the room consume me. 

I was eating away the little mental stability I had. 

Josh stiffened next to me, making me look up at him. His eyes were dilated, and his nose was flared. His breathing became uneven and his eyes searched around the room frantically, finally settling on one thing, or one person, I should stay.

Beta Cain stand in the doorway of the room. Josh stands up quickly as Cain makes his way over to him with the same dilated eyes.

Once they were in reach of each other, Cain grabbed Josh, and held him close to his chest, burying his face into Josh's neck.

Josh didn't know what to do, and stood there froze, with his arms glued to his sides. 

Not wanting to interfere on this emotional, confusing moment for the two guys, but that was only part of the reason I left. I also didn't want to see something that I knew I was never going to have...

A mate...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hullo people!

How was the chapter?

Did you like it?

We have no Idea when we will be able to update, we have a busy week and a lot of projects due at the end of week before we are off to spring break!

Bye Lovlies!

Stay Awesome and Love Your Fridges!

<3 Moe!

( hey yea it's Em i have not been able to read Moe's chapter and now i kinda hate her for leaving you guys on a cliff hanger which now i think about it i told her do hahah love you beautiful fridge crazy dragons ? we need to make something if you have ideas on what we should call you comment - Em)