11: big deal

I hope everyone's having a great summa ☀️🕶

// I LOVE THE DUNKIRK TRAILER SO MUCH. EVEN IF HARRY WASN'T IN IT, I 100% WOULD'VE WATCHED IT 😍😫

San Francisco, California
October 12th, 2015
10:00 PM

Jess

»I need a shirt to sleep in...

Yes, you may take one of mine...

»Thank youuuu (:

See you in a couple hours, love xx

I walked over to Harry's side of the bed in our quite massive hotel room in the very lovely city of San Francisco, California.

We were here to meet up with a different film crew for my movie since Jane, my publicist, and a few others in my management team wanted to take a separate approach to the film. I wasn't completely sure what that meant, but in all honestly, it wasn't something I needed to worry about. I just had to keep doing what I was doing, and let the professionals do their thing.

Harry was visiting some friends at a bar not too far from where we were staying. He'd invited me along, but I was so exhausted to meet new people. Besides, I'm sure he wanted to hang with the guys without his girlfriend around.

It felt like the past month of traveling and jet lag had finally caught up to me, and what I wanted most in the world was to cuddle up in bed with Harry. Since he wasn't here, a t-shirt of his would do.

I unzipped his beige duffel bag and lifted his computer case to get to his small pile of cotton shirts. I picked out a grey one and slipped off the blouse I'd been wearing all day long, along with my bralet. I pulled the soft material over my body, then took off my jeans.

I felt like I could finally breathe again.

I set Harry's laptop case back on top of his clothes. Before I closed the bag, I saw the corner of what looked like a thin stack of papers sticking out of one of the side zippers of the case.

Curiosity got the best of me. Most likely, they were his infamous song lyrics that I've yet to ever see. If so, I couldn't wait to get a quick glimpse.

I pulled the zipper back and pulled the packet out a fraction of the way.

It took less than a second for a frown to etch itself onto my face. I felt my heart drop. I thought I was going to be sick.

I hadn't even realized that I continued to pull out the papers.

In my hands weren't song lyrics. I was holding a contract agreement to my record label. Only it wasn't my name signed at the end of just about every paragraph—it said Harry Styles.

"Harry, was it a record deal?" I breathed.

His lips parted as soon as the question left my mouth. His eyes fixated more on the road and his posture relaxed against the seat.

He didn't have to say anything now. By his reaction, I knew the answer.

I leaned my head back on the headrest and looked out the window. His silence told me that he was either thinking about accepting the offer, or he already had. And...well, if he had, we'd both be looking at some messy outcomes.