1: restore

IT'S OFFICIALLY BEGUN I'M SO EXCITED FOR WHAT'S TO COME FOR RESTLESS. Do not expect the same for this story as you did for Reckless 😉❤️

To start off this story, please comment as you go just so I can see what ya'll are thinking!

I have much love for you all & I hope you enjoy this chapter. 😻

// This chapter is kind of "business in the front, party in the back", meaning it's business-y in the beginning and cute af towards the end 🤓💖
_____________

Sunset Marquis, West Hollywood, CA
June 2, 2015 - 8:40 am

Jess

"Never in my life have I ever met someone who squirms around as much as you do when I do their makeup," Meredith muttered. I'd say I felt bad for her, but she's the one who agreed to another year of being my stylist.

"When your done, can I show you this video?" I asked, acting like I hadn't even heard her last comment.

"Déjà vu from the AMAs last year," she pointed out, laughing at the memory.

I remembered it as well. That dog video still has me rolling. But this one had to be even funnier

Caroline ran a straightener through my hair while Mere continued to put concealer on my face. She wasn't using as much makeup on me because there's going to be a shitload of press here today. Mere wanted to make sure I looked "natural and fresh".

"What time do you have to be out of here by?" Caroline asked.

I lifted my gaze to the time on my phone. It was 8:47 and I had to be out of my dressing room by at least 9:30 to talk to Jane before the photo op at 9:45. The press conference would start at 10.

"9:30," I said.

"That's enough time," she mumbled to herself. She walked around my head to straighten more of my hair.

"I'm done," Meredith announced, throwing up her hands like she had been timed to see how fast she could do my makeup.

"Thank you, Mere," I echoed, sending her a cheesy smile.

"Where's your other half?" She asked. She picked her phone up from the vanity.

I subtly smiled at the mention of Harry. He'd been reinstated as my photographer for the rest of this tour and for next tour (not choreographer because he felt like he wasn't helping anyone due to the fact that Lenny created all he choreo).

"He's talking with some old friends in the press room," I replied.

"Ahh."

"Is he happy to be back?" Caroline questioned, brushing out my hair with her fingers and styling it around.

"He says he is. There's still that nagging feeling that he could've been really big in a directing role," I admitted.

"Either way, he still has that love-struck look on his face that he's had for the past two years."

I raised an eyebrow. "He has not had a 'love-struck' look on his face for two years."