.Patronize.

"I can't make it anymore. Riley has a competition on the 4th."

"Lucas, we leave on the 2nd. You can spend time with us, go on the 4th to see her, then come back."

"I can't I'm already in hot water right now. June go mad-"

"I don't care! You made a promise! We've been looking toward to this and you can't just cancel because Riley has a competition. Wyatt had a comp-"

I sighed and tapped on my mothers shoulder. She handed me the phone and chewed on her nails angrily. "Lucas, it's Wyatt-"

"Already told you to call me Dad."

"We can reschedule for another time. It's all good."

I could hear him breathe on the phone. "Thanks, it'll give me time for the girls."

I rolled my eyes. This is was why I never bonded with him. He would stop doing whatever he was doing for Riley, even if it was to put me aside. "Yea. I have to go. Bye."

I hung up the phone quickly to ignore anymore of the conversation. Annoyed as I was, I turned to my mother, giving her a hopeful smile. "He lets you down too much, honey."

Hugging her, I sighed. "He's just busy. But look on the bright side! You get to spend much more time with Linda."

My mother smiled, tears threatened to rise and fall. But she would never show. "You're absolutely right!"

She quickly walked away, the sound of her shutting the door echoed throughout my ears. Then, like most times, her muffled cries was faintly heard.

I wanted to cry myself, but after years of this happening, I became bitter to the subject. Instead, I walked out the house, whipping away a few years that did appear. "Wyatt! Oh uhh hey, are you okay?"

I didn't even see Frank appear besides me. I was too focused on heading towards Gerard's room, the basement. "Oh, yea. You know, just girl things." I said waving and laughing it off.

"My mom said if your mom is free tomorrow. She wants to see all the 'hip' places." He said bumping his arm with mine. His dread locks were tied up this time, but they still looked messy. He wore his typically jeans and sneakers, but this time he had a long sleeve shirt on with a kangaroo logo over his heart.

"She's busy right now, but I can ask her later. I don't think she's working." I said. Frank nodded and put his hands in his pockets as he looked down at our feet.

"Frank?" I said gaining his attention. "You wanna come with me?"

"Sure."

I smiled at the ground. "Cool."

Instead of going to Gerard's like I had originally planned, I took him to an ice cream shop that sold gelato and dairy-free smoothies. He looked around the sweets, but each time his eyes glazed over the names, they would dart back to the pistachio flavored gelato.

"Hi, what can I get you guys?" Asked a lady from the other side of the yellow counter.

"I'll have two scoops of butter pecan gelato and another two scoops of the pistachio gelato, please." I said.

"Coming right up." She smiled at me.

I took out my wallet and got out four dollars before Frank could stop me. "Wyatt, I'll pay."

Shaking my head at Frank, I handed the money to the lady when she returned with out ice cream. "I invited you. So I pay."

"One pecan and one pistachio." The lady said handing them to me. "Here are some spoons." She said handing us both things.