Chapter 2: Um, put some clothes on

Ah, home sweet home. That walk back from school is normally really tiring even though it took like 5 minutes, but it was summer and I was too busy thinking about my date tomorrow to care. I practically flew from the front door to my bedroom and flopped on my bed face down, smiling into my pillow. I have a date with Zack Peterson tomorrow! I kept saying to myself. I was so caught up in imagining how the date would go that I didn't hear the pitter-patter of paws coming into my room.

"Ah!" I screamed when something heavy jumped on my back and started licking my face furiously. Ugh, it was only Nappy. In case you haven't already guessed who Nappy is, he's the family dog. He's a golden retriever and is 6 years old. We gave him the name 'Nappy' because when he was a puppy, he wasn't toilet trained until he was three years old, so we had to put nappies on him. Yep, we own a weird dog. We still loved him anyway.

"NAPPYGEFOFFMEAHHHHHHHHHH!"

Translation: NAPPY GET OFF ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

He finally got off me and I turned around to rub behind his ears. I played around with him for a bit until I decided to have a dance party. I opened up my computer and put 'Like I Can' by Sam Smith on. Did I mention that I love Sam Smith? Well, I love Sam Smith. He is my spirit animal. I started to practice some weird ballet/contemporary moves just for fun. Then 'I Know I'm not the Only One' came on and I squealed.

I LOVE THIS SONG!

This was not a dancing song so I started singing. I was shy with my singing but I knew Tomo had already left to see his girlfriend. I was belting out the notes and I didn't hear the front door open. I was facing my window when I heard my bedroom door close. I didn't turn around because I thought a murderer had sneaked into my house. I was hyperventilating and I stopped singing.

Shit, I'm gonna die.

"Why did you stop singing?" Jess said.

I whipped my head around and when I saw Jess standing there I grabbed my pillow and pinned her on the ground. I started bashing her with it.

"YOU FRICKEN SCARED ME! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A MURDERER! DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN JESSICA LOUISE SUNNER!" I yelled while continuously hitting her with the pillow.

"DAMN! BROOKE GET OFF ME STOP AHHHHHHHH!" she yelled just as loud as me.

"Ugh," I said while getting off her. "Jess, I swear if you ever do that again I will decapitate you."

"Woah, violent much," she countered.

"Sorry, just stressed out a bit. Tomo was being a dick today when he pushed me over..." I trailed off when I remembered I didn't tell Jess about the date. I huge grin spread across my face.

"Um, Brooke. You're smiling that creepy grin again. Seriously, you need to stop. You look like you are planning to murder someone," she said slowly backing away.

"Jess, I need to tell you something," my huge grin now turning into a shy one.

"What? OMG are you pregnant?! Brooke! What did I tell you? USE PROTECTION!" she exclaimed.

"OMG JESS NO! Ewwww, I'm still a virgin you dirty-minded slut," I said with a nervous laugh.

"Oi! Watch your language young lady." She narrowed her eyes at me. She knew I was joking. She never took anything rude I say seriously. That's why we were best friends; me with my potty mouth and her with her wit.

"I'm not pregnant, but I do have a date," I said quietly.

"OMG, who is it Brooke?!"

"Um, Zack Peterson." I looked down at the ground and when I didn't hear an answer from Jess I looked up to see her jaw had dropped.