Chapter 23- Rescuing Runaways

Chapter 23-

Jason’s POV:

The screaming was instantaneous as I violently tipped her over my shoulder, and started walking towards the exit with the bounds of people clearing a path for us like we’d kill them, but with the scowl Rick was wearing beside me, I wouldn’t put it past him.

Again the question of why he hates the girls so much came to my mind. I’d asked him about it on the plane here, and he went off into the same old rant he always does when I ask him about it, but all are daft, trivial reasons, which is so unlike him. Though Rick was a jock he wasn’t a dumb jock, he’d gotten straight A’s his whole life, albeit he only wanted them so he’d have a better chance at getting into whatever football college he wanted, he still got the grades, and is a better person for it.

The humid, tepid Florida night air, was not even remotely refreshing. Despite the fact we were coming from a ancient, musty, packed, sweaty, drunken old club that I would and could have happily gone my whole life without entering, the air outside is worse. Floridarian’s may like it here, but I for one can’t wait to get the heck out.

“Okay, Cody, where’s Rae so we can get out of this shit-hole?”

Her high-pitched screeches and wails of ‘put me down’ and ‘I’m gonna kill you’ to quickly say, “No clue,” and then resume her incessant rant.

“You don’t even know where you’re best friend is?” Rick half-screamed, half-asked her.

“She can take care of her own dang self, now put me the heck DOWN!”

“Well do you know where she went?”

No stop.

“Did you hear me?”

No response.

“Do you know where she went?” I said getting a headache from her unremitting screams.

No acknowledgement.

“Dude, just do what she says and put her down already!”

That’s probably the best way to go.

So I dropped her on her head.

-(*@*)-

Cody’s POV:

My voice was growing hoarse, but I wouldn’t stop until he put me down, and I wouldn’t answer anymore or his stupid questions either.

There was a sudden rush of air around me, and the skin where Jason’s body had been became cooler than it was. ‘What the-’ I had time to think before my head hit something hard and I rolled over in an awkward somersault holding my head where shots of pair were shooting out from, and where I felt small drops of blood leaking onto my hands and seeping  into my hair.

“What the heck you little-',” I bit my lip to keep the very naughty cuss words from coming out of my mouth. Who drops someone on their head?!?!?!?

Sick, bleeps that’s who.

“You slipped?” He offered, while bending down to my level. “Now do you know where Rae is?”

“I already told you all that I don’t know where she is.” I pulled my hand away from my head to see how much blood there was, and nearly dropped faint to see blood slithering down my arm in warm rivers. “Oh my gosh, you cut my skull open!” I screeched at him, throwing incredulous countenances at the two boys.

“Good, maybe you’ll bleed to death before you can annoy me anymore,” Rick scoffed and looked off at something down the street.

Jason was nicer about it, and from his squatting position in front of me he got down on his knees, and started trying to pull my hands away but there’s no way I’m letting him. He’s the one that made me bleed in the first place.