Chapter 19- Pancakes

Chapter 19-

Cody’s POV:

“There's a place I know

If you're looking for a show.

Where they go hardcore

And there's glitter on the floor.

And they turn me on.

When they take it off.

Everybody take it off.”  I finished off Ke$ha’s ‘Take It Off’ with a big gulp of air and an equally big smile for the crowd.

Michael was really understanding about my absence and let me come up and sing right after putting my costume on. Rae was out in the club somewhere, dancing. I’d seen her at one point when she was dancing to one song really awesome, but after that I lost her in the crowd.

“Okay, guys, I’m going to call it a night, and I’ll see you next Friday!” I turned and tossed the mike to DJ EJ who put on some other songs with good beats, while I turned back around and hopped off the two-foot round stage in the middle of the room and onto the dance floor.

The crowds were pretty thick as I made my way through trying to find Rae. It’s been a long day for me, well because it’s about two a.m. by now, yesterday was a long day and today has just started.

Five minutes of plowing through drunk annoying people later, and I’d just caught a glimpse of her in the back behind a pole sipping a soda.

“You opened that yourself, right?” I shouted loudly over the music.

She turned sideways to face me, “You know the answer to that!”

“Well for all I know you met some hot guy and forgot all common sense.”

“Yeah, I took this from some pedo who told me to follow him into the bathroom.” She rolled her eyes.

I gave a laugh that slightly resembled a snort and rolled my eyes back. “I’m going to head back to the house, you going to stay here?”

“Nah, this place is boring after three hours, and it smells bad. And the people are drunk jerks.”

“It’s a bar. What’d you expect? Lavender scented soap and maids picking up after everyone?”

“I dunno what I expected, but it wasn’t this. Why do you hang out here again?”

“I like it here. And it’s fun to sing, plus it’s great getting away from a place where you’re either an heiress or a nerdy outcast.”

“Oh……well let’s go.” She set her soda down next to some other discarded drinks and headed towards the door, with me in tow.

-(*@*)-

Cody’s POV still:

“Go make the pancakes, servant!” She pushed me in the back, causing me to stumble through the front door.

“I have a messed up hand, I can’t make pancakes,” I argued back, but continued to take a left and head towards the kitchen.

She snorted loudly from behind me, “You’d make pancakes if you had two broken hands.”

“Touche……TO THE KITCHEN!” I did a war cry and pumped my hand in the air.

“That doesn’t work if we’re already in the kitchen, doofus.”