Chapter 12

The cold breeze nips at my skin, the sound of the wind whistling, they both calm me down.

I look over to the open window and close my eyes breathing in the cold air.

Now that I have my voice back it just all seems to different, it changed me, I speak more now. I don't like to that much, I've always been on the shy side.

I just don't like people, I never really did. I don't want to.

How did she even turn so evil? How could she kill dad? How can she be so fucking heartless.

"I wasn't mad that you knew about us being related."

I snap my head up, Rhyley leans in my door way. The full moon making his skin seem very pale.

"I mean well I was but more of it was the fact I wasn't there to protect you, I spent so many years thinking I had no one, and I did for a long time. I know you know what I am, and for that there's people that want to speak to you."

I stand up and glance at the clock

3:30 Am

"Who wants to speak to me?"

"The council."

My eyes snap to his, the council? I didn't even know one existed.

Before I can ask questions he flicks my light on and tosses me some pants and a tank top from my closet.

"Go shower, I'll explain everything once you have woken up a little bit."

I nod and go take a shower, I need to relax a bit.

I take a short yet very much needed warm shower.

I get dressed and brush my teeth, walking out scratching my hair with the towel.

I put on my black uggs to warm up my feet from the cold tile bathroom floors.

"Let's go on a walk." I nod and glance at my phone, it's early, no one would need me at this time."

I walk to my open window just as he jumps down. I crouch on my room and turn to close the window, I jump from the roof and we start waking side by side.

"The council has many members, yet each one is connected to the other. You know how we have alphas? And jobs have bosses and some lands have a king and queen?"

I nod while i look out at the beautiful woods.

"Well as we have alphas, the alphas have kings, and so does every race, there's king werewolves king vampires it goes on, they heard of you, a dog, but a dog that has the strength to shred someone's skin barely touching them, the power to run just as fast as any wolf."

I shake my head "so what? I'm just another supernatural."

He sighs and stands on a cliff that over looks a small swimming pond.

Something you'd jump off of to get a thrill.

"No, they're not even sure you are what you think you are."

I chuckle "well I am because I shift into a dog, any breed I want." I argue back.

"No, witches, they can hide your true form and make you see what they want yu to see, you will believe your allergic to cats or you make think you can do the things that any other animal can, it's all an illusion."

I turn to him with wide eyes.

"So a witch has been hiding what I truly was? For what?"

He shrugs "we may never know unless we find the witch that did it, but until you can find a way to find that witch you will never truly know who you are unless you bring out that inner person. "

"I have so many questions." I confess looking down to my crossed arms.

He nods and sighs. "I know, but I can only tell you what the council said I could, the need to know info, to keep you safe."

I clear my throat and look at him.  "When do they want to do it? Will I get answers about what I am?"

"Tomorrow, bright and early. You have a day to prepare and say goodbye, they will hold you in a room to do test, it's how they do a few things, you will meet the kings and queens, if the Kings have met there other soul that is."

"We have to take down our mother, we have to stop her Rhyley, I don't know what she wants but she started out kidnapping a human girl that I had to kill because she already knew to much. I can't let her continue."

He wraps his arms around my shoulders, a feeling I haven't felt since I was 6.

I relax and find my heart getting bigger for him.

"Wait until you talk with the council, together you can decide."

I shake my head "no, this is my mother, i can't let the council decide on when and how my mother is stopped."

"Nyla they want her down just as much as you do, she's pure evil, it's another reason they want to see you, proof your not evil like she is."

I back away from his hold.

"Fine, but I better get answers."

"I'm glad you talk now Ny."  He suddenly says.

"You looked so hurt, in so much pain, I don't know what made you stop talking but I'm glad you have over come it."

I never spoke because I was scared, I never spoke because what if I spoke my secrets. I spoke because it hurt to much to think that the last people I spoke to where my parents.

I give a small smile and start walking back with him.

"Hey can I ask a favor?"

I chuckle. "Not a chance in hell brother."