Chapter 7

"Yeah, the one and only sweets."

I frown. "your supposed to be dead." my voice dry and cracked making her cringe and give me a disgusting look.

"Bring her some water please she sounds like shit."

I cringe at the harshness.

"And yea, i was. but I'm not, you have been very naughty lately."

I ignore her. "dad?" I ask hoping he's still alive.

She chuckles darkly.

"Nope, I had fun with him"

I lose all control I had as soon as she finishes.

Before I can even move she had me against the wall.

"Don't catch an attitude, your the one taking drugs from strangers, you should expect this."

I struggle to breath. How the hell is this happening?!

"No, I expected you dead." I hit her stomach making her step back.

"I expected you gone a long time ago, i gave up everything because of your death, I gave up my voice, my humanity, my heart, and this is how you say hello." I spit.

She sighs. "look Nyla, I just wanted to say hello." she glances at Rhyley. Almost as if she recognizes or is trying to, Then she leaves.

Rhyley runs to me and wraps his arms around me. I would usually freak out and hit him but I need it.

So I accept Brody's arms when the wrap around me too.

"What's going on Nyla?"

I shake my head. "I sold drugs one time, to the wrong person, now he thought I was a permanent drug dealer and I thought why not, what could possible hurt." I chuckle humorlessly.

"Jokes on me." I say dryly then force myself from there arms.

"You have a beautiful voice Nyla." Rhyley nods his head in agreement.

I shrug. "I haven't heard it since i was 6." I state.

"You need to keep talking more, so your voice can come back completely." Rhyley tells me helping me stand up.

I blow out a breath, I have to tell Rhyley who that was. I expect her to go after him and me.

I'm not even sure if she knows Rhyley is her son or if she just thought he looked familiar. I'm hoping the second one.

Brody looks at me knowing what I'm about to do.

"Rhyley, we need to talk." he nods looking at me.

There isn't any better time for this, it's never a good time, if she knows that's Rhyley, there's going to be a lot more visits.

But it's going to hurt him, all this time spent thinking she was dead? He will crumble, then finding out his only sister is alive? I can't, for some reason the thought of seeing him hurt or even hurting him makes me feel angry, like I want to kill someone for the hell of it, that's never ok.

I eat my throat. "about living with me, they know your face now and it's too big of a risk." I splutter out making Brody's serious face form into a confused one.

"I can handle my self Ny." I know, he can, he can take people's lives for crying out loud! But besides taking and giving lives he's basically human, no super speed or strength, nothing.

"In sure you can but it's scaring me to think you could-" I stop and slam a hand to my throat when my voice cracks.

Fucking feelings, I hate you.

He smiles widely when he knows why I stopped, he wraps his arms around me again.

"I'll stay Ny, and just to let you know that feeling your getting right now, that's care, and love." he says teasingly.

"Cuz you can't help but to love this sexy piece of-"

"Shit." Brody interrupts in a cough.

I try fighting a smile but fail so I turn away.

"How about we all stay at my place, like a sleep over."

I turn and raise an eyebrow at Brody.

What are we 5? I stay quite and start to walk
Away again but Rhyley stops me.

"Sure! But Ny here joins."

Aww fucktard.

••••••••••••••

Sorry for the shortness!!! But I just got home from work, and felt like writing something while I still had it. Now I'm going to take a nap! Same as always! Vote comment! Love you. 😘👋🏻