Chapter 14

I'd loose everything, my emotions, my mate and my brother. I need to find out what I am, but I can't give up my soul to do it. I need that, so does my mate.

"I want to know what I am before I give my soul to you, asking for my soul is asking for a lot and I think I deserve to know what I am." Black eyes burn into my skull with every passing second, keep yourself together Nyla.

"Fine." My heart flutters and I crack a small smile, this is it. After this I need to get away from the council without giving them my soul. My guess would be they won't let me leave without taking it from me first.

I wait in silence as they whisper, the eldest shakes his head while a middle aged man sighs. "She could destroy us if she wanted." I roll my lips in and pretend to have my attention on my nails. "She has to learn first"

The man clears his throat catching my attention. "It's better that you see instead of us tell you."

"Nyla no!" I snap my head to Rhyley. "It's a trap, I barley got out of the room I was in." I turn back to the council to see them all smirking demonically.

"Nyla, that can't tell you what you are, didn't you forget? Only the which that did this to you can." I blink and shake my head. I do remember, but it's the council, the most powerful supernatural beings alive. They run the supernatural world they can make anything happen.

He's right, only the witch can do this. Only she can show me what I am.

"Stupid boy!" One old man points with red angry eyes.

"Rhyley!" I scream as I watch something shoot down from the ceiling. I run as fast as my feet can and tackle him.

I roll off of him and look back, a burn mark on the ground centimeters from our feet. I glare at there angry faces, their ready to attack again and I still need to get both Rhyley and Brody away from here and fast.

"Rhyley, go get Brody and meet me in town, near humans." He shakes his head halfway through my sentence. "No! I'm not leaving you Nyla, not again."

My heart beats that much faster, I feel like I'm incapable of breathing. My brother, this is my brother and he doesn't want to leave me behind.

Before I can speak I hear another roar coming, I help him stand up while using him to help me at the same time. "Okay, we all 3 go together." He smiles brightly. "Brody is on the border, I saw him walking out there earlier, he didn't see me because it seemed like they were trying to hide me from anyone seeing me."

Okay this is strange, Brody made it sound like I could somewhat trust them, I mean since we both want my mother dead.

I slam my shoulder into the locked door making the hinges fling off and hit the wall. We ignore the people running after us, the heavy footed men coming to kill me, that doesn't worry me at all.

I scream as I'm pulled into a door. My eyes widen when I see my handsome mate holding a finger over his mouth.

We listen as the footsteps get closer, almost as if they are right next to us, then quite again.

"What the hell are -" he cuts me off. "Shut up, you always grill me when I'm saving you're ass."  I cross my arms and wait for him to speak.

"Okay, I have my pack fighters here already just incase, but I want to get us out of here without any deaths." I throw my hands up.
"Ironic isn't it?" He glares at me and turns around. "I lead you follow."

We slide against walls and duck behind objects to avoid detection, my hearts thumping and my hands won't stop shaking.

"The front door." I look back at Rhyley to see him pointing to the door. "Rhyley no offense but that's stupid, there waiting for us on the-"
"No wait he's right, they figure we would be to smart to go through the front door, we would go through the back or through something that isn't the front." I blow out a breath.

Just as Brody swings the door open I'm thrown back. I scream as he tightens his grip on my hair. I cringe when my back makes contact with a wall.

"This is what happens when you run." I look up to see a gun pointed between my brows. "Nyla!" Rhyleys screams echo through my ears a million times.

Something rushes trough me, adrenaline, anger, something powerful, something makes me braver.

As fast as I can I swing my arm up hitting the gun down to the ground.

Bang.

I cringe as a stabbing pain suddenly makes me loose my breath. I slam my hand to my stomach and use the wall for support.

The look in this man eyes told me he wasn't himself, something else is controlling him, because supernatural or not there will always be some type of emotion and there isn't any in his.

Just as he reaches me I take a deep breath and push myself off the wall. I can hear the grunts of other men trying to slow Brody and Rhyley down.

Fuck, This hurts. I block his punch with my forearm and kick his shin. He doesn't make a sound of pain or even make a facial expression. Just empty.

I quickly glance back and run for the gun, I spin around and hold it to his head. "Stop, I don't want to kill you."

He grabs the gun and moves it from his head, to his mouth. "Return me to my family." My heart drops and my eyes widen. His family's dead, why? Because he became a guard dog for the elders and his family was the ones to pay the price. I look into his dark green eyes and sigh. "Rest in peace."

Bang.