Chapter 11

"This is nice."

"Yeah." I smiled and sat up, brushing my hair over my shoulder as I looked down at Kellin. "I was thinking a lot yesterday after you asked me..."

"Yeah?" He propped himself on his elbows and smiled at me.

"I, um, I think we should do it..."

"Really? That's great!"

I nodded as he pulled me down to kiss him. For a moment I forgot entirely about Jenna the night before. And then I remembered.

"I haven't told her yet, though," I said quietly. "I don't know how to..."

"Hey, we'll tell her later, huh? For now let's just... figure out how we're gonna decorate Wy's room!" I chuckled a bit as he jumped up from the couch to run to Wyatt's room. "You hear that Wy? You're coming to live with me!"

I found Kellin's excitement to be extremely cute, and he ran back out to pull me into a kiss.

"I love you," he gushed before kissing me again. "I love you so much. We're gonna be a family!"

I forced a smile, letting him get the rest of his excitement out. We decided to go out to eat again, bringing Wyatt with us for another family meal. This brought more comments on our "cute family" and how it's "good to see young people settling down." The idea scared me a bit.

It wasn't necessarily fear of settling down; it was fear of settling down with... well... Kellin. Sure, he was great. He was sweet and funny, and he loved Wyatt to pieces. I just wasn't sure about a family with him. We'd known each other for only a little over a year and we already had a kid, and that was fast settling down. I was twenty six and he was twenty nine; we were still young.

"You okay?"

Kellin's voice broke into my thoughts, making me nod and clear my throat. He was staring at me so intently, genuine concern in his eyes as he grabbed my hand.

"Yeah," I said softly, forcing a smile. "I'm fine."

The apartment was silent until Jenna came home from work, and as she pulled off her jacket she hunkered down to look at me.

"Hey," she said. A smile twitched onto her face when I looked at her, but it quickly faded. "What's wrong?"

I sighed and looked back at the blank television screen. "I'm gonna do it."

She paused. "Do what?"

I wanted to just say it. The words were right there on the tip of my tongue and yet I couldn't make them come out. She sounded sad, as though she already knew what I was about to say.

"I'm gonna move back with him."

"I fucking knew it." I looked down at the floor until I heard her bedroom door slam shut. Not wanting to hesitate again, I followed into her room.

"What are you thinking?" I asked. She was pulling off her dress shirt to exchange for a battered t-shirt.

"What am I thinking?" She pulled off her dress pants and pulled on her sweats. "I'm thinking that I don't want to watch you walk out that door with him."

My chest was feeling heavy. She tied her sweats and walked towards me.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I don't know... I don't know what I want."

"Do you love him?" My mouth was dry as I nodded, and she took in a deep breath. "How do you feel about me?"

I sighed. "I don't know, Jenna."

"You don't know? I've got three kisses in my back pocket that say you have an idea."