Chapter 6

I woke up and felt like something wasn't quite right. Then it hit me, Sam was sleeping in the room next door. I rushed out of my room and peeked into the guest room which Sam was sleeping in. What the hell? She's gone. I practically ran out to the kitchen. No Sam. When I finally came into the living room I found her. She's was sitting on my couch again with her feet up and a blanket covering her. The tv was on but you could barely hear the sound.

"When did you wake up?" I asked.

"Like an hour ago or so." She was wearing her old clothes now.

"You could have woken me up you know."

"I didn't want too, you looked so peaceful." I just smiled when I understood that she must have gotten into my room when I was asleep. While walking to the couch I said

"You scared me a bit, almost thought you had left."

"I almost did actually..." She looked down at her hands "but I changed my mind, I had to thank you."

"Oh no you don't have to." I felt a blush coming.

"Yes I do. No one else would have done that. They would probably just think I'm weird and gone home." Her green eyes were locked with my own.

"Well I can understand your pain. Most people can't."

"I haven't told you anything about my 'pain'." She looked almost a bit frustrated.

"No but I can see it. Just like I said last night, I can see myself in you." I turned my head against the tv, I didn't want to discuss this yet.

"I don't understand anyway. What has happened to you then?" She was staring straight at me. Really? Do I really have to discuss this with her? I barley know the girl. Oh whatever.

"Um, two almost three years ago. Oh fuck..." I already felt how my voice started to get thick and almost got tears in my eyes. While staring at the red wall I kept going "I haven't talked about since it happened but... I lost my girlfriend. Her name was Carrie. It was winter and only a week until Christmas Eve. It was late and she had just gotten out for a walk, it was really slippery and icy that day... She walked past a smaller river and slipped. At midnight the police knocked on my door and told me that she had drowned." I took a deep breath and prayed to god that I wasn't going to cry. The next second Sam took my hand, she was sitting right next to me. Her eyes met mine both of our eyes were filled with tears.

"Maybe you do know how I feel... I can't believe I'm telling you this." She let out a small laugh and pushed away a tear which had started to roll down her cheek. "I lost my brother five years ago, my twin to be more exact. We were only seventeen... He meant the world to me, he took care of me, and he was my all. Our parents fought a lot when we were younger and he used to hold me and tell me not to worry. When we were eleven he started to get really sick and went to see a doctor. It turned out that he had leukemia, which is cancer. He was strong enough to survive four years." She ignores the tears which rolled down her face and kept going. "I loved him so much, I still do." I couldn't help it; I pushed her into my embrace and just held her. Tears fell down my own face, I couldn't help that either.

"My brother's cancer and death didn't really help my parent's relationship. The fights started to get bigger and more often and I... I just had to move. As soon as I turned eighteen I moved here. To London. Which didn't really help."

"Why's that?" I had to ask.

"Can we take that another time?" I looked down at her eyes and could see that it all was a bit much for her.

"Of course, of course we can."

The time went by pretty fast and we watched TV to noon. That's when I heard my belly grumble. Sam let out a little laugh when she did the same.

"I totally forgot about breakfast." My face was filled with chock.

"Same here. Do you have food home?"

"I think I have enough to do a pasta salad, maybe a Caesar salad? I'll go and see." I hear how Sam followed me to the kitchen.

When we got there she jumped up at the counter. She has to be at least a bit athletic to be able to do that with a cast on one arm.

"Can you cook?"

"Of course I can, I'm the best chef you'll ever meet." I said with a wink.

"You're lying." She had that smirk on her face.

"What? No I'm awesome, really I am."

"You're a terribly liar but that doesn't matter, I'll help you."

She was a great chef. With her help it all turned out to be the best Caesar salad I've ever eaten.

"Did you like it?" She proudly smiled at me.

"It's okay, a bit salt." I had to hold back my smile.

"You dork!" She yelled and a tomato hit my nose.

"Oh it's on!" I stood up throwing a spoon full of food at her. The look on her face was priceless!

"My clothes!" The next second more food hit me in the chest. We kept going and soon all my clothes were drenched in food. I had salad in my t-shirt which wasn't even white anymore. Well it wasn't much better for her, her whole hair was filled with pretty much everything. She ran her hand through her hair and a lot of the salad landed on the floor. I couldn't stop laughing, we both ware a total mess. Sam just pouted at me and really did look adorable.

"Hey, look what you've done!" she said while pushing me in the chest, you could easily see that smile she was holding back. I grabbed her both arms and once again pulled her into my embrace. With our noses touching I slowly whispered

"That salad really was delicious."

"I knew you had to be lying." She smiled back at me. The next second I pulled her in for a kiss.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Okay this is like super late but I don't think there's anyone who really cares (except for like one person). Please vote if you like it! Means a lot! xx