Chapter 3

"What happened to you?" Liam asked while pointing at my wet t-shirt, I had just gotten to his house.

"I had to take the bus to get here because my car isn't fixed yet. The little girl next to me was eating an ice cream and um yeah you could guess the rest" I muttered, god I hate taking the bus.

"Haha that's bad luck!" Liam laughed

"Shut up and let's get inside" I was starting to get cold from the wind, autumn was coming up soon. When Liam didn't say anything I just pushed him to the side and got in.

"Welcome then" he said while getting in himself. "So how's it going? You didn't get hurt from the crash, did you?"

"No I'm perfectly fine, you? I mean you're taking the brake up pretty bad"

"I'm fine. Just missing her that's all."

"It's lonely, huh?" Was all I could say

"Yeah it is. I'm used to having her around and it gets really lonely..." I could see the sadness in his brown eyes.

I didn't stay all day because I had promised Louis and Harry that I would meet them for a coffee at Starbucks. After trying to convince Liam to join several times I more or less got thrown out of his house. It only took about 5 minutes from Liam's house to Starbucks so I was a bit early. After walking into Starbucks I checked my phone to kill some time, I had two missed calls, both from Sam, and new text:

From: Sam

Hey, answer your phone blondie. Well I just gotta text you then. The food here is horrible and I was just thinking since I'm getting out of here tomorrow we maybe could grab lunch or something? :) x

I quickly texted her back:

I'd love to! I know this cosy little restaurant called The blue cup, what about this; I'll pick you up at 2pm and then we go and have lunch, after we can maybe even go see a movie? If you want to of course! xx

"What are you smiling about lover boy?" I heard a teasing voice say, looking up I met Louis' eyes. His brown hair was

"Hello to you too" I smiled at them both.

"Look Niall I'm really sor-" Harry started before I cut him off.

"Stop apologising, that could have been me too!" Harry just glanced at me before finally nodding his head slightly. Of course he had his beanie on but also a black/grey coat, which I was a bit jealous of. As soon at I get out I'll be freezing my toes off. We bought our coffee and sat down.

"So how's Sam?" Louis asked with a smirk

"She's fine thank you for asking, actually she's getting home tomorrow."

"Hmm... Wasn't really what I asked about but whatever" Louis said with a wink this time

"Liam then, you did visit him didn't you?" I just nodded at Harry. "How's he?"

"He keeps on saying that he's okay but I don't really know, he took their brake up pretty bad" I looked down at my hands. Liam was always this happy lad until last week when we got the news about his and Danielle's separation. They had been together for five years since Liam was 18 and Danielle was 24. Now they're 23 and 29, we had this huge party coming up for Danielle but it seems like we can forget that now. "He's just really lonely" I said after a couple of seconds in silence.

"That's not wrong! If he didn't feel at least a bit lonely something would be wrong, he's used to having her around all the time." Louis snapped "but the thing; is he can't sit in his room all day long and act all this depressed shit" he was right, fuck he really was.

"It's only been a week Lou, let him be sad for a few more days then we'll get him out. If we need too we'll just carry him outside." Harry said and showed off his dimples.

"Let's do it tomorrow, we surprises him" Louis said with a little smirk growing on his lips.

"No, no, no hold on! Not tomorrow, I have plans." I said stressed

"With Sam?" Louis said and raised both of his eyebrows but couldn't stop his grin from growing.

"Yes. Yes, I've got plans with Sam."

"Then we'll just do it without you. We can say that you says hello" Harry said looking right into my eyes with his green ones.

"Sure" we kept on sitting at Starbucks and talking. It wasn't a big one, it was this little one which was squeezed in between two buildings. They barely had any place for seating. We sat there for at least 4 hours.

Later when I was driving home I got a call, when I picked my phone up it was Sam.

"Hello"

"Hey, is it Niall?" wait this isn't Sam... I recognised the voice but couldn't put a name to it.

"Um yeah, who is this?"

"It's April, just stole Sam's phone for a sec. She's asleep by the way"

"Oh okay" was all I could say

"I heard that you're going out with Sam tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah but it's only lunch. Hold on does Sam even know that you've got her phone?"

"Nope and I don't want her to found out so you better keep your mouth shut" her voice was death serious

"Sooo, what was on your mind" I tried to keep my voice steady but hey this girl terrified me.

"I can't really tell you but I'll give you some clues. It's about her past, okay? She has had bad luck and this is probably the first time in years I've seen her open up this much to a person and we all know you fancy her"

"Oh um... So you want me to be... Nice to her?" I asked a bit confused

"I like you Niall, don't give me a reason not to" she stated and then hung up. The girl that thanked me at the hospital seemed gone, that girl was so sweet and now she scares me. Well she did have a lot of painkillers in her system maybe that's the reason? Anyways that's not the problem, what was up with her past? What had happened to her? The thought of someone hurting her made me clench my fists

I remember this so clear. How all this unknown made me feel so weak and lost.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

I'll update in a few days! xx