[ 9 ] ----.

Dedicated to Bella_Marie_89 for supporting me and my friends SleepyGarfield and ClaireTslove, very much appreaciated! Hehe, I know, I know... don't give me that look... I should update more often... :P Oh, some mafia boy and Iris action.... Whaddya think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the darkness under a hessian bag. Pain coursed through my body like there was no tomorrow. Huh, there probably won’t be… I could feel the strength of ropes binding my arms and legs together. I was lying on the floor from what I could tell, but wrapped up in a thick layer of pain, I doubted the reliability of my statement.

“She’s awake!” A deep voice hissed.

“Give her the shit” A slurred voice followed “It’s next to the camera” Camera?

A strong arm clasped the mouth-nose region on my face with a piece of material. My eyes began drooping I inhaled the familiar sweet scent of chloroform. Man, these guys are cliché.

***

My nostrils flared open. The unpleasant odour of antiseptic filled my lung. A god-damn hospital, again. Last time I was here I was accompanied by the idiot mafia-boy. I sat up quickly and the world spun around me before slowly returning to normal. Why was I in here?

I looked around me, at me. My legs were scarred with numerous cuts and burns, as was my back when I peered at it through the mirror. Crap, I ran out of anti-scarring cream last week. I entered the small bathroom that accompanied the room with my underwear in hand, just in case a nurse was in the room when I came out all the while trying to remember why I was here.

I turned the water knob to the warmest setting and stepped inside the shower, feeling the warm liquid cascading down my back. My back and legs stung as the water ran over my countless wounds. But it was not like this was the first time. Or the most painful, by far.

After washing my dirty hair with strawberry shampoo, I felt refreshed. Shit, how long had I been out? I glanced at my face in the mirror. The cut that running across my cheek had healed nicely, only leaving a feint scar as a memory. I looked down at my legs. A really massive piece of shrapnel or something, in whatever accident I was in, must have hit my leg because there was one bloody long wound running from the middle of my calf around to my ankle that was sewn up with stitches. Now that’s gonna leave a scar.

I slipped on my underwear and grabbed a towel to dry my hair with. After replacing it back on the rack, I unlocked the door and stepped out. And into something hard.

“Oi!” said the hard thing before shoving me away and turning around.

Oh god. “Mr. Alkine, what brings you here?”

“Just put some clothes on, will you?” Oh right.

I grabbed the hospital gown off the bed and wrapped it around me. “You can turn around…”

He peered at me in the corner of his eye before fully turning around. Pfft, at least he’s not a pervert. “Do you remember who kidnapped you?”

“Kidnapped?” I repeated. What the hell happened?

“Yeah, after the crash…”

“Crash?”

“After you shielded the kid”

“Kid?”

“And dragged th-“

“Okay, okay, I think we’ve established that I don’t remember anything…” I said, raising my hand to rest on my forehead. This was going to be a long day.