Lesson 28

Author's Note: Life goes on and on and on... It's hard to let go but we have to. We shouldn't dwell ourselves with the pain. Life goes on and on and on...

****

Avery Rain Santillan

Today is the charity ball and my gown was sent to my room earlier. Hindi ko style tong mga ganitong gown but surprisingly, I'm loving its design.

Ngayon lang kami pinayagan nila mommy at daddy na dumalo sa charity ball dahil nasa tamang edad na daw kami. Sa aming magkakapatid, kami lang ni Amber ang pinayagan ni mommy at daddy na dumalo dito.

I was kind a worried of Amber though. Bago pa sa Pilipinas ang issue nila ni Niccolo at baka makasama kung makikita sila na magkasama sa charity ball. The red carpet will be telecasted world wide since this event was organized by the Royal Family itself. Ang makita lang silang magkasama ng press, for sure pagpipiyestahan si Niccolo pagbalik niya ng Pilipinas.

I was staring at this red velvet gown placed in a mannequin. Mom asked this from Tita Richelle who followed us here at London just to deliver our gowns to us.

After what happened to Kyron and I the other day, I never got the chance to have him all alone for me. Hinahatak na siya ni Niccolo kung saan-saan kaya sila ang madalas na magkasama ngayon. I don't even know what they are doing cause I don't have the chance to ask him for they're always arriving late night. Malapit ko na talagang isipin na nambababae si Kyron at si Niccolo. Nagrarason lang sila na gumagala sila.

And because of that, I never got the chance to ask him if he can come with me to the ball. He should be the one to ask me as his date but I know he won't do it if I won't ask him to do it. Lately, he just developed this fear of being rejected by me. Nagiging paranoid siya, pansin ko lang.

I was disturbed by a knock. "Ate, are you busy?" Amber asked while peeping her head on the door.

"No, why? May problema ba?"

"Yes, I'm having a hard time with my gown. Can you help me please?"

"Sure, come in." I opened my door wider and I let her entered my room.

Seeing her in a ball gown won't surprise me. It had been her style ever since before. But what surprised me is that she's not wearing any corset. She used to wear those as a part of the style of her gowns. I wonder what changed her mind.

"You're not wearing a corset?" I asked.

"I want to wear one but there's no one to help me tie it." She handed me the corset. So yun pala ang sinadya niya dito sa kwarto ko.

"Come here. I'll help you." I made her stand in front of my vanity mirror. She placed her hands on the table then inhaled sharply. Tumaba nga yata talaga ang kakambal ko.

I placed the corset on her waist then adjusted the strings behind her. I was having a hard time with the strings. It took me sometime before I finished tying her corset.

"There."

"Thanks ate!" She giddily said.

We heard two knocks on my door then it showed Niccolo. "Uhm, nandito ba si Amber, Avery?"

Sasagot pa lang sana ako nang manlaki ang mga mata niya nang makita si Amber na nakatayo sa tabi ko.

"BABY!" He shouted at us. Nagulat ako sa lakas ng sigaw niya. "Why are you wearing that?!" He pointed at the corset she's currently wearing.

"What? This is part of my dress!" Amber exclaimed.

"But you can't wear that!" Lumapit siya kay Amber saka hinatak siya palabas ng kwarto ko. "You're going to change your gown. I'll look something in your closet that you can wear."